Leica SL lens upgrades

Hi everyone,
I bought DXO PL6 confident but I find the files, with images taken with Leica SL2S and 35 Summicron-SL with terrible perspective deformations! I went to see and in fact there is no support for the new SL lenses. May I know when these new Leica lenses are expected to be uploaded to the DXO database?

Regards
Marco

@marfreb Hello Marc, so far we support:

• Leica APO Summicron SL 28mm F2 ASPH
  • Leica APO-Summicron SL 35mm F2 ASPH
  • Leica APO Summicron SL 50mm F2 ASPH
  • Leica APO Summicron SL 75mm F2 ASPH
  • Leica APO Summicron SL 90mm F2 ASPH
  • Leica Summilux-SL 50mm F1.4 ASPH.
  • Leica Super Vario Elmar SL 16-35mm F3.5-4.5 ASPH
  • Leica Vario Elmarit SL 24-70mm F2.8 ASPH
  • Leica Vario Elmarit SL 24-90mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH

and soon we will support SL 90-280mm and SL 100-400mm.

So, if you have issues with Leica SL2S and 35 Summicron SL we need sample images for test and analysis. Please upload them on : http://upload.dxo.com and let me know when ready. Regards

1 Like

Hi, Cecile
thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I have the new 35 Summicron-SL (presented with the 50 Summicron-SL) the non-APO one. DXO PL6 recognizes it as the APO version but the optical distortions are terrible and I have to correct the images one by one - a long and expensive job! I read from your message that you are preparing the profiles of 90-280 and 100-400. When do you expect to prepare profiles for the new Leica 35 Summicron-SL?

@marfreb thanks for clarifying. new 35 and 50 Summicron-SL are in the roadmap, we’ll see to have them done before the end of 2023.

1 Like

I’m not absolutely sure, but if you select more than one image, the corrections should become applied to all of them at once. I had that troubles with a Sigma 24/2 and a 35/2 which always was confused as Leica lenses.

But Leica lenses and you say" terrible distortions"? Sounds a bit strange for that high-price manufacturer (it’s not a question, just a comment).

1 Like

Number of us have been asking about the new Sony a6700 any idea when this might be covered?

@John7 this camera is on the road map; but I can’t give you a specific date at this time.

1 Like

Would just like to understand why marfreb message (2 messages above this one) seems to have problems.
This sounds very strange for me :

Same here, I also see his messages as “ignored content”. Strange.

In fact, I just wrote that having paid the DXO PL6 license, I find myself with images taken with a recent lens not yet in the database. It’s not the best to hide emails, as I haven’t written anything bad and I haven’t offended anyone. I just have one problem that I would like to get fixed soon!

Marco

I think, someone wanted to set a bookmark and flagged you instead by mistake. And all DxO guys and ladies are off work right now, so you have to wait until tomorrow, I guess.

When I look at this thread, there’s a message on one of your posts saying “This post has been reported by the community and is temporarily hidden.” Human error, I’d say. But I don’t know for sure.

1 Like

If you correct one image, you can then copy your settings :
CTRL + SHIT + C on pc (or menu Image/copy correction setting).
Then you select every images taken with the same lens and paste only deformation settings :
CTRL + ALT + V on pc (or menu Image/paste selected correction), then clic unselect all in the paste setting window and select only corrections you want and apply.

You even can create a preset with those corrections, and you can apply it on all your selected images.

1 Like

Very helpful, you are very kind! Waiting for database update!