Latest Photolab update freezes

Ditto here :+1: - with Chrome.

John M

Hi Rob.
Have you tried the ‘Resume’ option?

Yes, finally got there in last few minutes after resuming about 10 times.

No problem with download and installation on Win 10

So, it may have an issue somewhere, we investigate right now

Just trying a download on windows 10 now - it’s stuck on 48.0/412 MB. This is the first download of PL where I’ve ever had a problem. I tried Pause / Resume over a dozen times with no success. Then I cancelled the download and started a new one via “Check for Updates” in PL4 - this got a bit further (75MB) then paused, then reported Failed - Network error. I resumed this download and it got further (!94MB) then hung again. I cancelled the download for a second time then restarted a new one again via PL4 - this time it’s hung at 66MB. I guess I’ll give up for now and try again later.
(I’m using the Chrome browser)

36mbs download speed

No problem yesterday at 15:36 with Edge browser :grinning:

Windows 10 64-bit 20H2 19042.867
Edge Version 89.0.774.45 (Offizielles Build) (64-Bit)

Windows 10_2004
MS Edge Version 89.0.774.45 (Official build) (64-bit)

Entire process including install took about 120 seconds.

No issues.

I just download via Firefox and it’s ok
Yesterday since DPL it was ok

Also frozen after 150MB / 450MB.

I used Firefox to download from my account and it took two retries to get the full exe. My initial attempt stopped at 156MB, the first retry picked up from 156MB and stopped at 312MB, the second retry completed the full 450MB.

No problem downloading using Chrome…Win 10.

I’ve just tried to download the update again after my earlier problem (Latest Photolab update freezes - #16 by SAFC01). Once again it froze and didn’t respond to Pause / Resume. After a couple of attempts I cancelled it and tried to download using Edge instead of Chrome - the result was the same, freezing and then reporting a network connection issue. So it would appear the problem is not specific to using the Chrome browser.

Using XFINITY/Comcast Internet in Pennsylvania, no issues… Chrome on Windows 10. Downloaded in less than 5 minutes just before 12pm EST (we’ve been having some intermittent network issues here so that was pretty quick for us). So maybe problem varies by location or provider?

No problem here Win 10 latest version, Chrome 270mbps a bit over 1.25 min to complete DL and Install.

I’m not seeing any available update. Is this being rolled out sequentially or is it only for certain people?

What version of Photolab are you currently running?

Mark

Well this is embarrassing. I fired up PL4, went to the HELP>ABOUT section to get the version info and was informed that an update is available. Is this how notifications work?
EDIT: The only issue after downloading was to convince Windows Defender that this app was not a threat. I had to exclude two folders during the install process – which is way more cumbersome that it needs to be.

Same problem here. Windows 10, freezes at around 60MB.