Issue: Pattern Caused by Unsharp Mask and Perspective Correction of High ISO Photos

I was talking about the noname image.
I saw patterns on yours, but noname image does not seem to really show the same thing.

But anyway sharpening a noisy and slightly out focus image is maybe not a fair test.

Does this happen on tack sharp and fully denoised image ?

This is good to know. So Unsharp Mask is really legacy for images without a DXO module available for their camera/lens combination. I find I never use Unsharp Mask in DXO, and now I know why.

1 Like

will be the same if you use USM outside of DxO … underlying problem is not USM… USM just makes it more visible

it does if you look @ 100% ( NOT IN browser - download original images and open @ 100% in photoshop or simular )

The topic of NOT using USM in DxO workflow for raw images that are fully supported (camera body & lens) is worth it’s own topic.

Anyone want to take that on?

are you taking on the merits of [ capture sharpening → creative sharpening → output sharpening ] stuff invented some 20+ years ago by certain old farts [ Martin Evening , Bruce Fraser , Seth Resnick , Andrew Rodney , Jeff Schewe , Mike Skurski ] to sell their PhotoKit Sharpener and books :slight_smile:

:joy::joy::joy::joy: are you trying to start a fight? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

long live USM !!!