Is it possible to synchronize the film strip at the bottom and the preview?

Hi,

In PL7, it is possible for the image that is shown in the preview to be synchronized with the image that is highlighted in the filmstrip at the bottom?

Right now, in my PL7, if I have the mouse pointer over the filmstrip, and move the scroll wheel on the mouse, the filmstrip moves left and right, but the preview stays the same until I click on an image in the filmstrip, which is kind of annoying because the images in the filmstrip are kind of small (I know I can make the filmstrip larger).

Thanks,
Jim

In a word, no.

Why not? because the image displayed in the preview is the one which, in geek speak, ā€˜has the focusā€™, i.e the one that is selected / clicked on. You can give the focus to any of the images in the film strip, i.e the position of the focus is not fixed thus when you scroll the filmstrip the focus stays with the selected image, even is you scroll it off screen.

Iā€™m not sitting at a machine that has PL installed but what happens if you click on an image to select it and then use the left /right arrows, does that move the focus left / right? If it does, the preview will change as the focus moves onto the next image.

1 Like

It does. up and down arrow works too if filmstrip has several lines (on an other screen for instance).
And you can use other key (donā€™t know name on english keybord) to jump at the beginning and end of the list.
All this put the focus on the selected image in the fimstrip.

yes, using left/right keys does cause the image in review to change.

Right now, I am used to using Faststone image viewer, which does allow scrolling through the images using a mouse, and then I have to find the image in PL7.

hi JoPov,

I think those keys are the ā€œHomeā€ and ā€œEndā€ keys, at least on my keyboard.