Insufficient distortion correction for 24mm lens (or what am I doing wrong?)

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately, this is a ‘highly corrected’ lens, so the option to on/off distortion compensation in camera is disabled (ie greyed out).

From my experience, there is no need to switch off the camera correction. When you process the RAW file in Photolab it strips away anything the camera has added, before it adds its own correction. At least that is how it works on my Canon R5. You can test this out. Open a RAW file in PL and then click on “5 - no correction” in the preset editor to make sure DXO hasn’t done anything to the file. What you see should be the actual RAW file without any correction from the camera. Of course this may be different when working with SONY files.

Yes, you’re right. But even so, I cannot turn off distortion correction for this lens in-camera even if I want to.
Here is an image with no corrections applied at all (by PL6) following by (only) optical corrections applied. As you can see, the ‘corrections’ are quite minimal in this case:

Not sure anyone at DxO (or anyone else for that matter) will see this, but just wanted to thank the developers for fixing this lens calibration issue in the latest update. Appreciate the responsiveness. Thanks.
Image from start of this thread with only optical corrections (not perspective) made - much better now:

2 Likes