Installation issue and NIK no longer works in Photoshop

When installing NIK, the installer doesn’t list Photoshop - can’t remember if it used to or not. Here’s what I see (I have both Lightroom Classic and Photoshop installed):

NIK doesn’t get installed as a plugin in Photoshop. If I uninstall and reinstall and specify a “custom host” when installing (in WIndows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC), the plugin will show up in Photoshop, but there’s a much bigger issue.

Once installed as a plugin, I can no longer use NIK collection v6 from Photoshop. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times, even using the “cleaner” powerscript. The image opens fine in NIK, but any changes that I make are not reflected when returning to Photoshop. No layers are created and it returns instantly.

I’ve written support, but got a generic response that didn’t address the issuess.

Any helpful ideas would be appreciated!

bert

Well, I figured it out - the clue was NIK wasn’t seeing Photoshop. I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop and all is good now. Not sure how PS got corrupted as the only updates are the cloud updates and there were no other changes recently, but it did.

bert