Images could not be developed because of a processing error

Since I upgraded from DxO PureRAW 2 to 4 I always get the following error, when I process photos the 2nd time AND Lightroom Classic is running AND the DxO PureRAW-plugins are active:

“x Images could not be developed because of a processing error” (“x Bilder konnten nicht entwickelt werden, weil ein Verarbeitungsfehler vorliegt”).

If I deactivate the plugins (before I start Lightroom) there is also no error.
So the plugins are useless. Has anyone else noticed this error and if so, is there a solution?

Welcome to the forum @HenningM

Please check if Lightroom displays the correct version of plugins. If the update has failed, you might have e.g. version 2 plugins trying to work with PureRAW version 4.

Other than that, I’d first try to remove all traces of PureRAW, check your drive for leftovers, delete those, reboot and install PR4 again. Check posts to find places where leftovers might be.

If reinstalling doesn’t help, get in touch with
support.dxo.com

Thanks platypus, that’s a good advice. I will try that today.

OK I checked the plugin, and it was the latest one for version 4. Then I deinstalled PureRaw 4 and deleted all possible traces of PureRaw 4 and it’s Lightroom Plugin I could think of. Then I shut down my PC, restarted it, reinstalled PureRaw 4 and restarted Lightroom. For a while, it seemed, that everything was working fine.
But after a few hours, the same error occurred again.
I suspect that it may have something to do with the Loupedeck+ plugin. Because shortly after I used Loupedeck, the error occurred again. I’ll keep an eye on it for a while and contact dxo support if it doesn’t work.

Occasionally, plugins can be in conflict with each other and I usually don’t install PR plugins. They just manage file handover between Lr and PR.

I start PR manually and sync folders in Lr, once the export from PR has finished. This has always worked so far.

I guess that’s the way to do it, although it takes a bit longer.