Image disappears when cropping in PL2

In PhotoLab 2.3.2 build 265 on Windows 10 64-bit. Didn’t use to happen before. Restarting the application fixes the problem.

Hello @rwerp,

Judging by the red cross in the Filmstrip you’ve got the problem with this folder loading. Could you, please, provide us with the latest logs (%UserProfile%\Documents\DxO PhotoLab 3 logs) first?

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

What email address should I send them to? I don’t want to upload them to a publicly visible thread.

As usual: upload.dxo.com under your forum name instead of “support ticket number”. And, please, let me know when ready.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Done. Thanks!

Good morning!

Thank for the logs. It seems you have a problem with your database. Could you, please, archive it and provide it to us as well?

And one more question, do you remember if you remove some images from PhotoLab or Windows explorer when you were doing those tests?

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

I certainly did remove some images from PL, not sure about Windows explorer.

Does the database file contain thumbnails of processed images?

Hello @rwerp,

The DxO PhotoLab’s database doesn’t contain any thumbnail. Thumbnails are only cached on your drive as normal image files.

Great, thanks. I uploaded the database.

Thank you. The issue will be investigated.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello @rwerp,

Are you still able to reproduce the issue? We prepared the fix but as it’s very specific it would be nice to test it on your side.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Yes, it’s still there. I will respond to your colleagues in the bug ticket thread. Thanks a lot! You’re the most dedicated software vendor I have ever had the pleasure to be a customer of :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :relaxed:

Can you, please, remind the ID of your bug thread? We’ll provide you with the build link there.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hi, apologies: I mixed up this issue with another issue I have reported (mouse cursor freezing in the UI). I haven’t seen the image disappear when cropping recently (I switched to PL3).