How to add PureRaw 4 pluging to Lightroom v7.4.1 on Windows

Hi, the instructions here do not work for me with PureRaw 4 and Lightroom on Windows 10 - https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4433613507601-How-to-install-or-re-install-DxO-PureRAW-plugin-for-Adobe-Lightroom-Classic-CC-on-Microsoft-Windows

DxO PureRaw 4 File menu only has the following options:

• Add Photos to Lightbox
  • Add all photos from folder
  • Preferences
  • Exit

Grateful if you could please tell me how to add the plugin to Lightroom v7.4.1

Thank you!

Hi,

The article you mentioned is wrong. This menu command just doesn’t exist in DPR4.

Before trying to install the plugins, just check again that they are actually not installed by opening the File | Plug-in Extras menu of Lightroom. If you see the DPR4 commands there, the plugins are installed. If not, close Lightroom.

If the DPR plugins are not installed, you have 2 solutions for installing them :

1. Just relaunch the DPR installer, hoping that everything will work correctly this time.

OR

1. Install manually using the following steps :

a. Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules and check whether the plugins are actually not installed. If they are, 2 subfolders should be present : DxOPureRawv4.import.lrplugin and DxOPureRawv4.lrplugin. If they are present, the plugins are installed. If they are missing, proceed with the following steps.

b. Go to C:\Program Files\DxO\DxO PureRAW 4\LightroomPluginData and copy the 2 subfolders mentioned in step a. Paste them to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules.

c. Open this file : C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules\DxOPureRawv4.lrplugin\PluginData.lua in a text editor (Notepad or whatever).

d. Locate this line :
dxoPluginAppFilePath = “DXO_EXECUTABLE_PATH_PLACEHOLDER”,

e. Replace the placeholder with the actual path of Pureraw4.exe on your system which should be C:/Program Files/DxO/DxO PureRAW 4/PureRawv4.exe. Please note that LUA uses normal slash characters when naming a filepath, not backslashes.

f. Save the file and check whether the DPR4 commands now appear in the File | Plug-in Extras menu of Lightroom.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the detailed reply @Pat91. I have realised that I am running Lightroom CC not Lightroom CC Classic and what is why the plugins are not supported. This was not obvious to me before digging around to better understand the different versions!

I am looking to see whether to get Classic to support the more streamlined workflow, so your instructions will be very helpful if I go that route. Also, hopefully helpful to others who find that the official documentation is wrong.

Your help is much appreciated,
Kenji