HeadLights

Too hot outside, but I needed to go food shopping, and my Leica M10+50 is one of my lightest cameras, so I brought it along. On the way home, this old (I think) motorcycle, sort of like a Harley, went by me, and stopped. I walked around it, and found the front lights to be the most interesting, and also noticed the main headlight was not round. I thought it would make a good B&W photo, as any color was irrelevant.

For framing and focus, I just used the Leica viewfinder - the rangefinder is dead accurate, and I thought I could see what I wanted to see - but in retrospect, since I wanted the shot to be centered, I ought to have used “Live View”.

I’ve noticed that when I’m going out “to take photos”, I bring the D780". If I start out for a different purpose, while just looking for interesting “snapshots”, I prefer the smaller and lighter M10.

TBH, I’m not sure I would be so fascinated with this shot, if I wasn’t fascinated and involved in motorcycles for most of my life. What I saw in my mind is durn close to what I captured (although I left extra room around the image) in the camera, just in case.

L1004896 | 2024-07-19.dng (23.5 MB)
L1004896 | 2024-07-19.dng.dop (13.8 KB)