Fuji but no Pixels in PL5 = not upgrading

It’s lovely for the relatively few Fuji users that PL finally supports their sensors, but the list of supported devices still does not include the Google Pixel phones.

I am not going to upgrade until it does, it’s as simple as that.

1 Like

That’s a choice. Photolab, C1 etc are for enthusiast/pro photographers using traditional cameras. I am not sure that the number of people processing raw images from phones is that great?

How much of the extensive in phone computer processing is included in the raw? If non, then you have a lot of work to do. If all then you don’t really have raw?

1 Like

It is a choice - PL supports assorted iPhones (4-X) and Samsung Galaxy phones but won’t even open DNG files from the Pixels!?!

The evergreen saying is that your best camera is the one you have with you, and I have the phone with me all the time, but I’m only lugging around the DLSR some of the time.

A variety of other programs here will happily open its DNGs, and while there can be in-phone processing, if I compare the DNG to the JPG, there’s not anywhere near as much as is done to produce the latter in ‘night’ modes and there’s more colour depth in the former to do your own processing.

Unless you use PL, when you can’t even open them.