Farming, near Bhairawa, Nepal, 2006

I found this scene while traveling to Bhairawa, Nepal, in 2006. What impressed me was the simplicity of the scene, all the farmland with cows, and a work area up front. So many lovely pastel colors. The bicycle does, and does not belong, but that’s how most people in Nepal get around. It’s a very serene, but static photo. Time was just standing still.

Again, my Nikon D70, ISO 640 which I thought was good, f/7.1, and 1/800th, to minimize unintentional movement from myself. The lens was my do-everything Sigma 18-200, which I thought (and still think) is a great universal lens - but @Joanna’s 28-300 would have been better, but I don’t think that lens was available in 2006. The Sigma also fit in with my bank account better. I deliberately left the background all hazy, made no attempt to show it better. This is what I saw with my eyes - but I did crop out some details on the sides that just confused my view.

Since it’s a jpg file, I doubt it’s worth my posting the original and the .dop file, but if anyone wants to see them, let me know and I’ll post them.