Export from LR to Dxo

Hi
i made a panorama in LR that i want to export to Dxo PL3. When doing that Dxo is launched, but no image available? Can you advise please ?
Made two trials, one is 9 images stacking, the other one 15. Can it be the size of the file that is too big for Dxo ?

PhotoLab doesn’t know what to do with this photos stacking.
You must to export a assembly RVB (TIFF or JPEG) image from Lr to PL.
Pascal

1 Like

merci Pascal

Apparently LR has generated a DNG file.
I found this in the support section of DXO :

DxO PhotoLab prend en charge le format DNG:

• si le format RAW d’origine du boitier est pris en charge.

• si ils ont Ă©tĂ© gĂ©nĂ©rĂ©s par Adobe Lightroom ou Adobe DNG Converter ET si le format RAW d’origine est Ă©galement pris en charge.

shouldn’t it work then ?

raw format is readable by PL3

It should, if we just follow the words. In reality, it does not work:

It only works (unless there is some size limit) if you go through TIFF (or jpg) as mentioned by @Pieloe.
:frowning_face:

2 Likes

Maybe off topic, but did you ever try Microsoft Ice for pano’s? It’s rather unknown but seems to be better as many other pano software. And free. And fast.

George

I just copied the link :face_with_head_bandage:

Hi George
Thanks for the tip. i would like to keep the raw workflow though.

I believe the Pano in LR is not a raw file. It can’t be because it is made from several files:-)

DNG is a container for various file types. When DXO creates a DNG file it is a linear DNG, basically a 16 bit Tif file without a white point assigned. This is why when you open a DXO DNG in different raw converters you get different colours. A Tif file has the white point assigned and colours are consistent between editors.

It must be rgb rasterfiles. It can load tiff files and export the pano as a tiff so you can open it in DxO. There’re some more file types it can use. I made a pano of 33 images divided over 3 lines.

George