Error in der export of images in Photolab 6.9

Dear all,

I’m using Windows 10 and Photolab 6.9. I have an “new” graphic card in my computend and I wanted to use only the GPU from the graphic card.
With this setting the export is crashed with the message "Unbekannter Error in der Korrektur-Engine (Correction failed on the execute stage).

I hope, you can help me? My PC is not really new and so I think, the graphic card is better for me for the export.

Any idea for a solution? Best!
Blandyna
DopCor.txt (341,3 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.txt (767,8 KB)

I think I had GTX870M / 8 Gb failing with DxO DeepPrimeHD being too old GPU ( and you have older gen - 7xx vs 8xx and w/ 2 Gb memory ) … does PL on your computer work OK ( slower but OK ) w/o dGPU enabled for DxO ?

Hi,

Th8s is an older graphic card. DerpPrime HD is crashing. Without der GPU from the graphic card I van export the images, nur slower.

so here we go then - even if it is faster in some metrics vs your CPU ( w/ iGPU ) it is old enough not to be fully compatible w/ DxO PL6 for whatever reasons… it is even NOT anymore supported by nVidia by now I think, they do not update drivers for it anymore

His card was released in 2013 and only has 2 gigs of GDDR5 memory. I suspect it may be partially supported because it is right on the cusp, but with only 2 gig its use may be problematic especially if, as you say, there are no more driver updates.

Mark

I’m also not able to export images after upgrading to Photolab 6.9 - I’ve also got DxO Nik Collection 6.3. My system is a HP Laptop:
|—|—|
|Processor|11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz|
|Installed RAM|16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
|Pen and touch|No pen or touch input is available for this display|

With an Iris XE graphics display - current driver with no updates available.

Any ideas?

Have you marked the thumbnail with a red dot? If so, you will not be able to export unless you deactivate the red dot

I’m not sure I understand what you’re talking about - I open all my photos from Nikon NX Studio. I’ll look and see if there’s a red dot but that’s a new one on me. I’ve been using Photolab for a few years and this didn’t popup until I ugraded to 6.9.

I think @Joanna is referring to the red Reject stoplight button which appears on the right side of the thumbnails in PhotoLab. Some people call it a stop light because the Pick button just above it is green when selected, giving the appearance of a traffic light. The attachment is from the Windows version.

Mark

Yeah - that was not my problem - didn’t have either active…red or green…it just won’t export.

My laptop with an AMD 500 series GPU initially failed DeepPrimeXD with revision 6.9 & newer but worked with rev 6.8.

But I found that I can get DeepPrimeXD to pass if I disable my default integrated Intel HD GPU driver while leaving my AMD GPU enabled. I also changed my Graphics Settings from “Let Windows decide” mode (which chose the Intel GPU) to instead use AMD GPU in “High performance” mode.

I know DxO had in fact been using my AMD GPU for DeepPrimeXD successfully for many revisions of PL before the update to rev 6.9. After the update, I believe DxO changed the way it handles the GPU, and so now on my machine if that GPU isn’t used for the whole system, then DxO’s new GPU handling method stumbles over something and fails. But forcing the whole system to always use the AMD GPU solved the problem.

Unfortunately, even after rebooting a couple of times using the AMD GPU for the whole system, I have no control over my display brightness. I have to work that out now (hopefully). So, changing the system’s GPU can raise other issues with the system that you might have to iron out.

Did you see this post from DxO:

and the announcement of the fix in this post:

Thx, Stuck. I hadn’t seen that but I had been in touch with DxO support about my issue. They couldn’t come up with a solution for my issue. So I tried those changes to my Windows system and then it worked. Seems DeepPrimeXD might be much slower now though. I’ll need to test the speed when I have time.