DxO Software - New Cameras & Lenses support (17 September 2024 update)

speaking of which - do you do the same for Sony ?!

Hello,

no, we don’t as Sony doesn’t apply optical correction on RAW.
But we have separated optical modules for RAW and JPG as JPG have optical correction from the camera.

Marie

Marie, I’m missing the new Panasonic Lumix Leica 100-400mm with 1.4 and 2.0 teleconverter. Do you plan this, too?

Hello @joerg2019 ,

Support of the Panasonic Lumix Leica 100-400mm II with 1.4 and 2.0 planned in January.

Marie

1 Like

Hello Marie, Are the December updates almost ready?

1 Like

Perfect, thanks a lot!

:FACEPALM: , @Marie … :FACEPALM:

every single Sony dLSM user knows for more than a decade that Sony does write different raw data if camera has [Lens Comp] → [Shading Comp] set to Auto vs OFF

Are you seriously saying that DxO never ever checked that established fact during the touted process of crafting bespoke lens profiles ?

OMG, literally !

please let me share 2 raw files from A7R2 with FE55/1.8 lens mounted… the difference is

one with with camera menu :: [Lens Comp] → [Shading Comp] set to Auto
exif tag :: 0x2011 VignettingCorrection : Auto

and one with

camera menu :: [Lens Comp] → [Shading Comp] set to OFF
exif tag :: 0x2011 VignettingCorrection : Off

so what now ?

https://app.box.com/s/w3yed09t16iiipgkw995i2ey7vdfkr7g

really, DxO does over-correct vignetting on raw with Sony applied raw correction of vignetting, no BS

PS: focusing distance BTW still NOT read out for A7R2

1 Like

How can we get the Q2 Monochrom on the roadmap? Currently I’m forced to use ON1 Photo Raw 2024. I’d MUCH prefer to use PL!

Was having this question for a while, and I had lots of problem back then with PR2 overcorrecting some of my photos taken with A7M4, which made that software unusable.

From this post, it seems while RAW contains the vignette compensation data, the photo-editing software can still choose to ignore it. Not sure what DxO actually did, so it’s good to have it clarified.

the matter is that ( A ) DxO has no idea that Sony cameras like A7R2 DO IN FACT " apply optical correction on RAW and ( B ) while they provide different modules for L-mount cameras separately : * Lens (RAW) and * Lens (RAW with in-camera correction) – they do not do this for Sony …

(B) does not matter much practically - as no sane user will switch such in camera raw corrections on in camera unless by error or ignorance … but as a matter of quality, DxO PL code upon detecting of such .ARW raw files from Sony cameras shall disable or adjust application of relevant optics corrections applied when existing optics module engaged

(A) though matters - because it yet again undermines claims about quality of testing in house performed by DxO

Viltrox AF 85mm 1.8 Z is still not supported. Waiting since PL 5 Elite and have paid for 6 Elite and 7 Elite now. But i cannot use my software with a modul for this Glass.

Hi Marie,
when will the December update be available?
Thanks, Joerg

2 Likes

You can request support for a lens here:

But this is no guarantee that they will do …

Thank you, but i know. Did this a few times for my three Z50, 7 and 6II. But waiting about two years now.

Hello Marie,
Thanks so much for the new updates! I am curious. Why did the Nikkor z 180-600mm not include modules for the 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters? - Pat

Hi, will it be soon that we can receive the Dec update on the lens and the body? Is there any specific day for it? Thank you, Marie.

Hello,

On 19 December 2023, we have added support of new cameras and lenses for DxO PhotoLab 7, DxO PhotoLab 6, DxO FilmPack 7, DxO FilmPack 6, DxO PureRAW 3, DxO ViewPoint 4 and Nik 6 Perspective Efex.

Cameras newly supported are

• Panasonic Lumix G9 II
  • DJI Mini 4 Pro

Lenses newly supported are

• Canon RF 10-20mm F4 L IS STM
  • Nikkor Z 180-600mm F5.6-6.3 V
  • Nikkor Z 400mm F2.8 TC VR S
  • Nikkor Z 400mm F2.8 TC VR S with Z TC 1.4x
  • Nikkor Z 400mm F2.8 TC VR S with Z TC 2x
  • Nikkor Z 600mm F4 TC VR S
  • Nikkor Z 600mm F4 TC VR S with Z TC 1.4x
  • Nikkor Z 600mm F4 TC VR S with Z TC 2x
  • Tokina atx-m 23mm F1.4 X PLUS
  • Tokina atx-m 33mm F1.4 X PLUS
  • Viltrox 85mm F1.8 Mark II Z
  • Viltrox AF 27mm F1.2 Pro XF

See Appareils supportés - DxO for compatibility of Optic modules with DxO PhotoLab and DxO PureRAW.

In January we will support

• Nikon Zf
  • OM System Tough TG-7
  • Canon RF 200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM
  • Canon RF 200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM with RF TC 1.4x
  • Canon RF 200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM with RF TC 2x
  • Canon RF 24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z
  • Leica Super-APO-Summicron-SL 21mm F2 ASPH.
  • Leica Super-Vario-Elmarit-SL 14-24mm F2.8 ASPH.
  • AF-S Nikkor 120-300mm F2.8E FL ED SR VR
  • AF-S Nikkor 120-300mm F2.8E FL ED SR VR with AF-S TC-14E III
  • AF-S Nikkor 120-300mm F2.8E FL ED SR VR with AF-S TC-20E III
  • Nikkor Z 180-600mm F5.6-6.3 V with Z TC 1.4x
  • Nikkor Z 180-600mm F5.6-6.3 V with Z TC 2x
  • Nikkor Z 600mm F6.3 VR S
  • Nikkor Z 600mm F6.3 VR S with Z TC 1.4x
  • Nikkor Z 600mm F6.3 VR S with Z TC 2x
  • Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 II ASPH. Power O.I.S.
  • Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 II ASPH. Power O.I.S. with DMW-TC14
  • Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 II ASPH. Power O.I.S. with DMW-TC20
  • Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 35-100mm F2.8 Power O.I.S.
  • Samyang AF 12mm F2 X
  • Samyang AF 75mm F1.8 X
  • Samyang AF 35-150mm F2-2.8 FE

Enjoy :christmas_tree:,

Marie

4 Likes

And the missing Sony automatic focus distance that there in new Sony cameras but still not in all the older ones?

Dear Marie, thanks for the update! Will these modules also be deployed to the Photolab 5? I noticed the november modules were, so I was also expecting this in december (I have PhotoLab 5 and was looking forward to the Nikon 180-600 module…). Thanks in advance for the feedback! Cheers

@John7 it’s in progress, it will appear progressively during first quarter of 2024.

@Adriano_83 sorry, but since November only PhotoLab 6 and 7 are updated with new modules.

3 Likes