DxO Photolab 6 out!

Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-05 um 18.32.31

It does make sense to keep to classic for existing images but the few new ones opened with classic selected as far as I can tell. Will try again when I have some new ones as there clearly is a hystergam change.

Ian Kewhotzyk @Ian78 : pretty remarkable comparison. But are the other DxO editing settings of the two images identical? There seems to be significant color differences as well.

Yes, I would have thought you would be able to upgrade within 12 months of a purchase… looks like Affinity for me

When I select the new wide gamut, I noticed that under the generic rendering choices, there is just 2 profiles remaining. All the variations of the neutral profiles disappeared, except for the neutral tonality, realistic colors (which is btw way more contrasty than the older one, so I don’t really understand what’s going on). Is that a normal behavior ?

profils

PL have had fully native Apple Silicon code since version 5.3.

1 Like

Any change in the multiple computers sharing pictures resulting in virtual copies issue? This will be a showstopper for me if this has not been fixed.

Yes, those other options are only visible when you use the classic color space. That is intentional. They are not available for the new wide gamut color space.

Mark

Can someone confirm this ?

No. I didn’t touch anything else. Just DP / XD at their default value.

Franky, did you try Crtl + Alt + top row digits?
The RHS num pad doesn’t work.

In case you haven’t noticed: The user guide for DPL6 is here too - and it has a directory that links to the respective chapter or paragraph.
:+1::+1::+1:

As for content or localization, some work is still to be done…and I’d appreciate if the directory could be displayed in the PDF viewer’s sidebar (Apple Preview in my case).
:pray:

1 Like

Then you basically get a major update for free, since there’s a release every year in October. It would be nice, but I understand that DxO doesn’t give major updates away. Software publishers that use the “buying a full-price license gives you one year of updates” (like e.g. Bohemian Coding) typically release rolling updates every few weeks or months with fewer features per release.

One thing that would help though is if DxO made it clearer what its pricing structure is, when new versions will be released (it’s usually October), who is eligible for upgrade prices, etc. So that people can make informed buying decisions.

3 Likes

Yes it’s works with top row digit.
Thanks

1. Check your motives: what is my primary reason for an upgrade and do I really need it?
  2. If the answer to the above is YES:
    a) try before you buy
    b) check your DxO store account
    c) wait for discounts (Black Friday, YE sales etc.)

I just noticed that no matter which colour profile I select for the export of the tiff files, it is always saved as Adobe 1998…?

I was on holiday for a short time and therefore couldn’t try out the last rc beta. Did I miss something that could be responsible for this behaviour? (all versions prior let us choose which profile we want and until now it always worked without problems)

Otherwise I would like to thank the whole DXO team for the new version. For me, the newly added functions are really helpful and useful. I did the upgrade right away.

…living up to your forum name :wink:

2 Likes

Watermarks do not work in version 6.
When the watermark is activated, the image is roughly rastized/distorted in the 1: 1 preview image view. The watermark is neither displayed as a text nor as an image in the preview image.

b) check your DxO store account

Can’t do that if you’re trying to answer a question like “If I buy PhotoLab 5 in September, will I get a free update or a discount when version 6 is released in the Fall?”. Many people want to anticipate. Especially since one of DxO’s selling points is the predictability of not having a subscription. :slight_smile:

Yet in the user guide there is an example of RAF (RAW Fuji) : General image corrections – PhotoLab Guidelines

I hope it is X-Trans file. I also have a FUJI XT3.
Philippe