DxO PhotoLab 2.3.1

Rick, I fixed the issue. Now you should see your post.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

To be clear, i do not install v2.3.1 yet?
Wait for the fix i suppose?

1 Like

Peter,
Ya. Probably best for now. I just rolled back to 2.3.0_23891.

Will wait for the next build.

2 Likes

If you are a Win10 user, then yes you’d better wait a hot fix.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

In case anyone has updated themselves into a non functioning status. Here is 2.3.0_23891

You have to uninstall 2.3.1.x, then install 2.3.0. A restart after uninstall/reinstall is recommended.

3 Likes

Timescale?

I just installed the new version and all is working fine. Windows 10 1903.

On a Win 7 machine that was running 2.3.0 fine it immediately faults with some System.IO.FileNotFoundException error.

Hello guys,

We’ve already found the reason of misbehaving. Working on the fix right now. Sorry for the inconvenience :frowning:

Regards,
Svetlana G.

4 Likes

Setup will not allow you to reinstall 2.3.0 on top of the corrupt version so had to uninstall and reinstall previous download.

How long before the fixed version arrives and how will we know?

Hello,

• It’s expected as you downgrade the version.
  • Hot fixes are usually delivered withing a day or two and you’ll be notified about it.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

Installed DPL 2.3.1.41 using the built-in update mechanism and found that the new version does not forcibly update thumbnails of images in Library view.

When I delete the database, the updates work flawlessly, after that, thumbnails are mostly not redrawn: the circling arrows stay indefinitely (20 minutes or so) and when I click on one (or a few) of the thumbnails, I get the beachball. If I then force-quit DPL and restart it, the thumbnails will be redrawn.

Note: I get this on High Sierra as well as on Catalina.

Hello,
We just released an official hotfix for DPL2.3.1.
@mandarin @platypus @Yonni @shadowsports @Jussik @KlausM @John-M , the issue should be fixed

Best regards,
HT

4 Likes

I presume that this has also replaced the download that comes via the “update now?” when you first start PhotoLab2?

…not for me, I’m on Mac…

• When you press “Check for update” option.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Thanks for the update! Is the preview caching issue on mac fixed in the new version? The issue has been reported multiple times in the forum which bugs many users (such as https://forum.dxo.com/t/generating-preview/7345/23)?

Peter, you can update now. The issue is fixed.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

I’ve installed this ‘hotfix’, but the software still crashes for me.

Hello,

I’ve replied to it in your separeate post.

Regards,
Svetlana G.