DxO is Bad as Adobe

They should maybe change their site first page.
When you open it and slides the comparison view it is really frightening (what’s this sky ? what those tree colors ?). Looks really like a toy.
(Not to be placed in the hands of children. This could compromise the development of their judgement).
Just an opinion.

@JoPoV Hi,
I still have Capture One 23 and get excelent results with Capture One, Photolab 6 and On1. They are all very good, but the pricing of Capture One and new policies turned me off as well as the price policy and marketing of DXO. I just don’t like to be in a money trap and never knowing when for example the new FP or VP comes out. With buying “Elite” I was under the impression to buy a complete application without the need of buying VP and FP to make it fully functional!

The on1 website has nothing to do with the functioning of their excelent app!

2 Likes

always been ON1 thing, showing over done images for their promo, it is still a good software but easily over done processing. one good thing with ON1 is the “Resize” which does a great job as good if not better than topaz resize for a fraction of it’s price…

1 Like

You’re too funny. Always crying about Russia and China stealing your breakfast, when in fact the enemy is much closer. In your own words:

I regard Facebook as a far bigger threat to my integrity when they build their sociograms based on their traffic data that got very handy in the hands of all repressive authorities who knew how to get access to it and use it. Even a company like Facebook has to adapt to the legal conditions in the countries they present in. That is why they have to “leak” this info - they do it even to the police in my country and not just to repressive states.

China pretty much leaves citizens of the West alone. Since Chinese tech companies are constantly under scrutiny for imagined privacy violations, the Chinese tech companies are much more careful not to build back doors into their products, not NSA/5 Eyes back doors (what all the CIA/State Department complaints are really about), not Chinese ones.

Adobe’s behaviour is the problem, not China, not Russia. DxO so far seems to be playing fair in the domain of intellectual property and privacy. Let’s damn DxO for the sins they commit, not for their virtues.

Hopefully, you will find your destiny on the front.