Deep Prime slows down after initial use

I’m experiencing new behavior using Photolab 5.6.1 on my Windows 10 machine, Ryzen 5600G, RX 5500, 32 GB RAM. Deep Prime processing time for the first few 20MB images is in the 7 second range, but increases significantly with subsequent images, to more than 40 seconds. Closing and reopening the program doesn’t help. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the AMD drivers and checked that Photolab is using the RX 5500 card, to no effect. The only thing that works is a reboot.

The issue sounds very similar to this:

But the writer in that thread uses Photolab 6 and updated version solution he notes doesn’t apply to Photolab 5. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Are you sure that you have downloaded 5.6.1? Both 5.6.0 and 6.1.0 had the same major bugs and these were corrected by 5.6.1 and 6.1.1. So if 6.1.1 fixed his(same problem as yours) problem then 5.6.1 should likewise fix your problem.

Yes, the version I have is 5.6.1, updated a couple of days ago. I haven’t used the program in a few months, but I don’t remember this happening before.

Yes, your problem sounds very similar to the problem I encountered with 6.1.0. I don’t recall every having had the problem with version 5, but I may have switched to 6 before I noticed it as I use PL as a supplement to LR. 6.1.1 seems to have cleared up my problem even though my GPU (GTX 1080) is older that what is recommended. If rrblint’s comment above means the same bugs were fixed in 5.6.1 and 6.0.1, then my only suggestion would be to uninstall and reload the program and to make sure you have the latest GPU drivers. It is also possible that the bugs got fixed for NVidia GPUs and not entirely for AMD GPUs. Sorry, but that is all I have to offer.