"Correction Review" Keeps Sticking

Same issue here. M1 MacBook Air. Running DXO PL 7.1.1. Upgraded from the previous version when prompted for the update. I thought I had sorted by clearing the cache. It seems like an intermittent issue though.

An observation:

When this thread started, I had the same problem. Since I had v6 on my computer, I reverted to that version. Got an update of v6, which I installed. Developed one file.

After the above v 7.1.1 b38 run without problem!

Strange…I wonder if it stays without problems.

Same issue here with latest version of PL7… I’ll try to download from the link above, hope it works better.

EDIT: Sure enough, downloaded older version 7.1 build 35 and the issue is gone!

now I had a reply from support for my ticket and they tell me I have to run the unstable version 38 and log problems with their program as they have not had any other customers with this problem and have no data from it. can it really be right that this long thread nobody else have given them the data they need. I am reluctant to reinstall 38 as the 35 build 7.1 is stable and usable. I will have to do it if that is really true or just keep to 7.1 and wait for a possible fix in next release. - PS many threads saying Sonoma 14.2 is causing problems with many programs including capture one so dont upgrade to that at the moment.

Send them this thread link …
And share their response with us …

1 Like

Got an reply from the Mac support team after I sent link to this post and they are working on a fix so I think the other guy must be out of the loop so just a matter of time now

3 Likes

That sounds good. I’ll wait before I go directly from 7.1.0 to (maybe) 7.1.2

I thought I should add my name to the list of people that have this issue. This issue occurs on my Intel iMac (64 GB RAM/I5) and my MacBook Pro Apple M1 Pro chip laptop. Super thank you to Roadcone for providing the link to the earlier version which does not appear to have this issue.

New version out today but doesn’t say anything about a fix for this-

1 Like

Did you try if it fix it ?

Nope I haven’t and won’t until I get more info. Support did say they would contact me when fixed and post in this string so I kind of assume it hasn’t been fixed yet

1 Like

Actually telling anyone about fixes isnt a strong point, I had one that someone on the fourm told me had been fixed weeks after the update that fixed it.

I updated to the new Verson 7.2 today and so far so good. A couple of photos where I couldn’t see previews and where the program crashed before, I’m now able to process using all tools and presets. This seems to be a good sign, but certainly not a very vigorous test. [Macbook Pro M3Max]

1 Like

Good to read! I hope it stays like this. I’ll maybe update today or tomorrow. Still keeping 7.1 just in case.

Yes, I think they fixed the Corrections Preview hang. But I do notice some lag when drawing Control Line masks. Not a big deal, but it does seem related to the Corrections Preview issue. At least it is minimal.

I agree, downloaded 7.2 yesterday and it works fine, no problems at all - one happy user :slight_smile:

I updated an hour ago. I edited a couple of photo’s Until now it works good!

Same for me. It seems it’s fixed. Now it’s the time to download the fresh install file from the website and keep it in case the next update would break something once again, and the downgrade would be necessary ;).

I received an email from Seth earlier today: "Hello Gary, We have been informed that the issue you were having with DxO PhotoLab 7 has been fixed and is included in the latest update to PhotoLab, version 7.2. "

I’ve downloaded and installed a fresh 7.2 from the website (Elite 7.2.0 build 42), and processed about 20 files, none has exhibited the sticking correction review problem.

So I’m working on the basis that it has been fixed, but have kept the 7.1 dmg just in case.

PS. Thanks Seth for the notification.

3 Likes