Copy/paste Smart Lighting -> Spot Weighted corrections, pastes the selections too

If the source image has already some areas marked, either manually or by automatic face detection, then copy/paste corrections copies also the selections.
I would expect only the setting itself to be copied, just including ‘Intensity’.
Easily reproducible. Not a big problem with obvious workarounds, but perhaps good to know.

Yes - and this is a “good thing” - - Very handy when you have multiple images of the same composition.

Yes.
if this were to be changed, it would be better to let user choose between those 2 behaviors than change it.
Both can be useful.
DxO has a tendency to replace features rather than add features and leave the choice to the user.

That’s an interesting proposition. I rarely have two or more images with the same tones in the same places. Preparing images for focus stacking comes to mind as an exception example.
If I’m wanting to keep exposure the same for a group of images e.g. preparing TIFs for panoramas, I don’t use Smart Lighting because I’m assuming that it is the selection (not its corrections) that is copied and it’s effect would be recalculated.
I may have to check with some test images that my assumption is correct so thanks for raising this.
I doubt that DxO would respond to this but adding either/both to Paste Selected would be most useful.

Normally I would use a full preset, so it’s not a real problem.
@John-M:
I’m a bit surprised that you found the current behavior useful,
but it’s just another example of photographic diversity.
@PoPoV:
Given John’s response, I find your proposition to be more reasonable indeed.
@David_McA:
DxO should document this behavior in the user manual at least.
I found Spot Weighted SL useful for example in indoor sports.
Think of martial sports under terrible lighting. Single face
can occupy anything from 1% to 50% of the picture area,
so in most cases the face detection must be done manually.
For this type of work, my goal is to process about 200 photos per hour,
so a good preset is crucial.
Off topic:
Using the Spot Weighted SL, I often get unexpected results.
This beast seems to be simple on the surface but quite complicated inside.
Perhaps it could be useful for other types of photography,
but it was already discussed in this forum, I think.

Yes, that’s correct … and that’s what makes it so handy to be able to apply the “selections” across multiple images (when all have same composition).