City Sailboat

I needed to go food shopping this morning, and brought along my D3. I didn’t take many photos but this one caught my eye, maybe because of the reflection in the water. On my computer screen later, the color didn’t do much for the image, so I switched to B&W. It’s pretty much the entire image from the camera - cropping the bottom seemed like a good idea, but I liked the reflection too much. The only “tricky” thing I did was to use a green filter to bring out the leaves a little more.

D3M_4368 | 2024-08-30.nef (13.5 MB)
D3M_4368 | 2024-08-30.nef.dop (13.4 KB)

1 Like

No comments tells me that this photo was not as interesting as I thought it was, or I did a very poor job of editing it. Eventually, I’ll try again.

I removed the aspects I thought were interesting (probably just boring), put the color back in place, and eliminated most of the image. It’s probably closer to what I wanted, but there’s no “excitement”. Sometimes my mind goes off in directions that don’t make sense to others. I originally liked all the similar buildings next to each other, and the reflection in Biscayne Bay, but the water wasn’t smooth enough to show what I wanted. Need to forget about this, and move on. Sigh…