Cambodian Work Boats

Hey, it’s your choice. We are just calling it like we see it.

Mark

1 Like

Just for my own fun I used 5 minutes to play with your photo. I hope thats OK! I added a graduated mask on the background and added some Gausian blur to it in Affinity Photo. It’s pretty coarse as the building to the right has far too much blur, but anyway it makes the boats far more prominent in the photo. And I feel your original looked better!

While I seem to get dumped on when I do what you’ve done, I have no such feelings. Feel free to try anything you like with any of my photos. I’ll look at how you changed it, maybe learn something, and will enjoy doing so. I may or may not agree - in this case, not.

Not sure how I feel about this view. It loses all the “eye candy” in the original, which may or may not be detracting from my original image. Maybe if I had shot at f/2 and focused on the boats up front, I would get an effect similar to what you are trying to show. Or, maybe if you did the “blur” technique, but not as strongly.

I love Joanna’s “previous copyright date”. :slight_smile:
Maybe the way it first opens on my screen, cropped, is better than my view?

https://forum.dxo.com/uploads/default/original/3X/3/c/3cf87c8cf2848cebc7d4ac7fb226ab51dd8a4156.jpeg

1 Like