Anyone else experiencing problem with Photolab 6 on PC with Intel Arc graphics?

I am not able to use neither of the DeepPRIME options in my Photolab 6 now. The application just shuts down when I even just go to the Detail tab and click on DeePRIME.

The readme files for the last several releases of the Arc drivers seem to indicate an on-going problem with DirectX calls as well as anything having to do with high-res rendering. Only thing I can suggest is to make an effort to always download and update to the latest drivers available.

This link should help. You will also want to make sure you are on the latest Intel cpu and chipset drivers.

Thanks, I am on latest intel driver.

So basically this is a problem with Intel, not DxO software?

Not saying that.

Saying that there is enough documentation in the Intel driver readme notes to indicate an on-going series of known problems that may be the cause of your problems with an Arc-based GPU.

1 Like

Intel released a new set of beta drivers for the Arc GPUs. The readmes indicate known on-going problems with hardware accelerated media encoding and playback including abrupt application crashes.

OK, this is getting annoying.

In addition to the Arc a750 discrete graphics board, I now have a laptop with discrete Arc A570M (yes, that is correct, it is A570M and not a typo of A750) gpu and DxO noise reduction isn’t working!

I have the latest Intel driveres on both. This is getting very silly now.

DxO does not recommend intel gpu

release notes says “For DeepPRIME and DeepPRIME XD: NVIDIA RTX™ 2060, AMD Radeon™ RX 6600 with latest drivers”

certain wish that DxO can be more clear and write “DO NOT BUY INTEL GPUs”

1 Like

Ok, I guess I am not upgrading to PL7 in that case!

I hope Intel/DxO fixes whatever that is causing this issue.

Although new, according to TechPowerup. the performance of this card is very low end relative to the recommended minimum cards for DeepPRIME and DeepPRIME XD processing. I am guessing you might have similar issues with other post processing software with AI processes requiring GPU performance acceleration.

Mark

Intel Arc A570M Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database.

It is low powered but I do have another desktop build with Nvidia 4060.

The Arc gpu has built in AV1 encoder, which is great when using Davinci Resolve on the move.

I only bought the NEC Lavie laptop mainly for it’s OLED monitor and the fact that it is easy to upgrade RAM and SSD (and i7-13700H cpu), which cannot be said about a lot of the newer laptops!

I think the matter with Intel is not the performance but first of all Intel’s drivers and Intel needs few more years to make sure that 3rd party applications can use their dGPUs on par with nVidia in terms of bugs/reliability ( not that nVidia does not have bugs, but Intel has a totally different level / below that is / vs nVidia )… so when “we” pay more for nVidia that is for more peace of mind mostly

I just found out that DeepPrimeXD now works with Intel Arc A570M, at least on my laptop, in the latest version of PL6.

30sec to export a 20mp file with DeepPRIME XD isn’t too bad.

Intel driver version: 31.0.101.4900

Don’t know if it was Intel who fixed the driver or DxO that improved PL6 but I am pleased, thank you!

for reference the most recent Intel Arc drivers are:

101.4900 Beta (October 24th, 2023)
101.4887 WHQL (October 11th, 2023)