Any news on a new release?

Indeed I was one of those others before PL7. I hoped for some improvements to the tools I was using but by and large very much enjoyed my editing experience. I reckon though that I’ve wasted far more time grappling with the new local adjustments UI than complaining on here.

I can’t find any other editor that I would wish to swap to, though I may go back to PL6 (for a while) and see if it’s as good as I remember. That said, paying for PL7 was an onwards move by me, supporting the company that’s helped me create my images for many years. Trust goes both ways though.

2 Likes

Luminosity mask is not part of PhotoLab, therefore the site lies…but unless someone takes legal action, marketing will continue to state the impossible.

Currently, the page in German does not include LuMask, but it mixes objects in German and French. Either DxO is redoing the page or has been hacked…or is simply overwhelmed by the load of work and support calls.

I think nobody, even those

wants to bring this company down.
But this is unacceptable.

English and french pages do.

Did you clic “compare editions” at the bottom of the essential edition page ?

@JoPoV , maybe it’s a good idea for you to double-check the page in German to make sure that nothing was missed.

@platypus
here it is, and you should have luminosity mask in german version too :

1 Like

@platypus
I didn’t check if other wrong things are there.
I was looking for luminosity mask which was a requested feature for photolab (not filmpack) when i checked dxo website to know what was new.

… and the misleading information is still online (checked the english version)

2 Likes

which should be on PL not just FP, has it’s mentioned above… it’s listed in PL7 Essential features so should also include Elite. Not add-on coming to PL8

What’s in essential is in Elite. It should be in both.
This is indeed exactly what the add says (both versions should include it) : “Essential include this” (left part) and “elite also include that” (right part).

I didn’t know luminosity mask was said to be included; this is flat-out misleading.
DxO should really just let go and add it (enable it) for users without FP7 in their next PL7 update.

But that’s the main reason that I didn’ update (as my personal protest) both updates.

Everything has a consequence, I have suggested against DxO on other forums a couple times, one being I deemed Luminosity mask a necessity. Paying for both PL7+FP7 is just too expensive when you can subscribe LR for almost three years for the same price, let alone all the advanced AI masking and comparable AI denoise tools LR has.

I personally avoid Adobe so I have both PL7+FP7 and I am not really affected, but I really have a hard time suggesting others to get the same unless I know for sure they will make good use of the tools.

Today, the following updates for DxO’s macOS apps came up:

• PhotoLab 7.2.0.42
  • PhotoLab 6.12.0.62
  • PureRaw 3.8.0.30
  • and more…

Hint:
Download the full installers from your shop account for future fallback.

I will even say more …

• FilmPack v6.17
  • FilmPack v7.2
  • NikCollection v6.6
  • PhotoLab v6.12
  • PhotoLab v7.2.0
  • PureRaw v2.6.5
  • PureRaw v3.8.0
  • ViewPoint v4.12

I may well be missing something but what has been done? The promised Sony lens modulus re enabling focus distance have vanished (they can do it as the same lenses in my a6700 work automatically), I can see no change in the part finished local adjustments after all this time. I hope the Mac users have had there long running bug finally sorted, just wish a few of the other issues were sorted.

From what I can see: “Nothing new on the west front” as they said often during WW I. Photolab 7.2, just looks and feels like version 7.0 and none of the outstanding issues with Local Adjustments sems to have been addressed.

1 Like

Mac latest update, mostly minor bug fixes. no more detail other than new lens/camera supported.

on that note, even if DxO have been quiet, thanks to them as it’s nice to see they worked to fix some bugs and add new lens / camera.

Nik 6.6 =

PL7.2 =

FP 7.2 =

I think this is the main problem:
the maintenance of so many Stand-Alone versions is a little bit tricky.

There seem to be some more severe problems with Photolab 7.2. that I haven´t seen before.

Version 7.1 and 7.2 - Fixing some bugs? … while creating new ones! - DxO PhotoLab / Windows topics - DxO Forums