“Ambience” and "Structure" slider like in Snapseed

When traveling, I mostly edit my photos quick & dirty (for an Insta story or so) on my smartphone using the “Snapseed” app. Two of the most efficient and most used controls are “Ambience” and “Structure”…

Today I edited a whole bunch of vacation-pictures with Photolab and often wished for these two controls.

Since Snapseed originally comes from the NIK Collection, the know-how should be there and it shouldn’t be too difficult to implement these parameters in Photolab, right?

Feel free to vote, if you like this idea too :slight_smile:

Ambience is like Smart Lighting and structure is like ClearView Plus

I think you can easily get similar results with just these two sliders.

6 Likes

The fine contrast controls if you have Film Pack also are of big help in replicating the effect of “Structure” (less immediately, maybe, but with a LOT more possibility for fine tweaking).

1 Like

I think a combination of fine-contrast with micro-contrast would do the trick but with greater control than a single structure slider.

Mark

1 Like

Agreed. I wish the fine adjustments were available without having to pay the expensive and largely irrelevant to me filmpack. Their absence has never made any sense to me. I now use dxo for raw conversion and noise, and lightroom for processing partly for that reason. At £70 pa with freely available promotions lightroom (plus photoshop etc) is hugely useful and hugely better value than filmpack but I really wish I didn’t have to use it.