After the rain

5 Likes

Nicely done…and…nevertheless, I tried a few sloppy changes:

• turned image CCW a few degrees to compensate the “hanging” background
  • warmed the image globally as a preparation for the darker and lighter background
  • darkened the lower petal to make the other stick out more

Why?

• the background slope bugged me, it could even be turned more than what I did
  • the balance between the petal and the surroundings felt wrong: The wall looked too dim for the low contrast light the photo was taken with. that is why I tried with a darker and brighter background.
  • Had the photo been taken with a low sun, the image would look warmer, that is why I changed WB
  • lower petal: too dominant and a slightly different position could have corrected that. Now, the lower petal looks like an obese part of the main petal. There’s too much structure too and the reduced brightness did not help much.

Please note that all my comments are meant to spark some ideas and that the colours might actually be quite different due to my editing the posted image. Other than that, nicely done.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, your suggestions were very helpful and I have edited the image again in PL.

The topic title reminded me that I’ve got a shot of a rose taken just after a heavy summer shower.

5 Likes