Accessing the plug-ins from host applications

Hi. New DxO Photolab user here coming from Capture NX2. Can the Nik plug-ins be accessed directly from DxO Photolab 2? If not, are there plans for this integration?

According to their press release you can from PL2

Select a file and click “Export to Application”, there select a NIK tool from disk and it should be opened with the generated output. There is no NIK on raw, without export yet. So NIK is always at he end of the processing currently.

OK, thanks. When I select export to application the only listed application is Capture NX2.

Did I install my Nik collection incorrectly?

There should be a button to lookup the NIK executables manually one by one on disk. Once they are selected a number of them is then stored inside the list until it overflows. To improve the whole thing is a known topic for DxO: NIK Integration

Got it. Thanks very much.

I am using this approach to make my C#-application extensible for other developers mybkexperience.

It works just fine but only in “one direction” which means that the developer who writes a new plugin can define methods and variables within the plugin and those will be imported to my application.

So my question is now: How can i access already existing data from my main application. A variable string test within the plugin?

Photoshop also offers a separate window for easy access to the plug-ins. This is called the Selective Tool, and it automatically opens when Photoshop opens. If you would like to change this setting so that it does not automatically open, click on the Settings button in the lower left corner of the window.

Trouble is that this setting is never preserved when a NIK upgrade is applied.

How can I access the plug-ins from Affinity photo ?
(I have Licenses for Affinity Photo and DXO Photolab 2, Windows 10 )

Hope the video helps

1 Like

Should have posted elsewhere.

Very strange. I have the latest version of Affinity Photo and NIK and they work fine together.

What versions of Affinity and NIK do you have?

Will post elsewhere.

I am running Photoshop 2020 on Mac OS X 10.14. I was running Nik filters for years and bought an upgrade.
IT DOES NOT WORK. I apply any filter and it does not apply.

I have sent many support requests and heard nothing.