Using PhotoLab 4 to process sunset photos

Okay Mike, here is my contribution to the “DXO-should-make-stitching-possible”-debate (answer is no, do not waste developer-capacity, there are fantastic solutions already available!):

Picture is taken in the beautiful city of Ronda in Andalusia/Spain.
It is a stich made with Microsoft ICE and consists of 5 or 6 portrait oriented shots with my D7200 and 16-85 at f5.6, set to manual and without a tripod. I described my detailed workflow anywhere here in the forum. Panorama Stitching - #14 by Fotoguido

It was meant to be printed 2m wide or so but my wife said there is a wall missing :wink:

It is 60MB, lets see what any compression may do here at DXO.

2 Likes

One word - superb!

1 Like

Thanks Joannna, this coming from you means a lot to me.

Attached an extract to show the resolution. DXO of course needed to compress my file

Fotoguido - awesome image! You need to discuss the issue of adding the additional wall with your wife. It doesn’t “look” stretched, it looks like it was a taken as a single image, so your stitching skills are superb! I flat out love the view! In my words, you “did good!!”.

I vaguely remember something about Microsoft ICE - need to look it up again. That you did this without a tripod is even more amazing. As Joanna said, SUPERB!!

1 Like

Small addendum for all of you who were so helpful in suggesting a better tripod - my Manfrotto 290 xtra Carbon finally arrived.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013JS8KVA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 14.21.20

It is unbelievably light, rock solid, and the only bad thing about it is that I should have bought it many years earlier. Thanks to all of you for the guidance.

1 Like

Congratulation! Just remember not to raise the center column (at least not by a lot).

Yep, no desire for monopod emulation mode! :slight_smile:

Well done on the tripod. Now you’ve lost another excuse for poor images :rofl:

Gosh, I’m gradually losing all my excuses.
What’s left is going to be “I screwed up… Oops.”

1 Like