Strange RAW file import

Just realised my mistake and changed the post. Sorry. The different sizes threw me.

itā€™s OK - I posted where exactly the bug is in DxO code ā€¦

DSC03530.ARW (13,9 MB)

Here it is. I took the photo of a copy paper in the garden with normal daylight.

Did you apply DeepPrime noise reduction?

The screen viewer displays the result of DXOā€™s basic High Quality noise reduction. The controls for HQ do include a ā€œMaizeā€ slider. Does this impact your results?

If you use DeepPrime noise reduction then this doesnā€™t have a ā€œMaizeā€ slider as presumably the demosaic engine doesnā€™t need one.

I have exported jpgā€™s from your file from DXO and C1 and canā€™t see the issue you show on your screenshots.

If your computer is capable of handling using DeepPrime I always recommend using the superior demosaic option available with DeepPrime.

1 Like

It is interesting that older correction methods offer more options. I also find the following link interesting on the subject
Maze Slider in DXO
Do I understand correctly that the use of ā€œMazeā€ is one way of dealing with the symptoms themselves and the other way is to integrate the problem solution fundamentally into the software?

I donā€™t know if it helps with your issue but the more advanced DeepPrime demosaic doesnā€™t appear to need a ā€œMazeā€ slider as it appears to deal with your raw file as far as I can see, Similarly with C1.

Personally, unless your computer is not powerful enough to use DeepPrime , I canā€™t understand why anyone uses the old and inferior demosaicing methods. Lightroom updates its demosaic engine from time to time and I never used an older demosaic engine after a new improved version was introduced. Why would you?

following the thread ā€¦ (checked with PL7.2 / Win)

with ā€œMazeā€ at default

with ā€œMazeā€ at custom setting

@gserim
the lens / focal length shows one hell of a light falloff
(apart from the ā€œpicturesqueā€ sharpness)
grafik

and thanks for the link Maze Slider in DXO

Very strange anyway.
So without noise reduction result should be :

And this problem would be a noise problem ?

Thank you !

There is a difference when you look at the jpg export with the Prime / Maze variant compared to DeepPrime. The DeepPrime export shows errors in this area compared to the export with Prime / Maze. There should be differences in the processing.

True, the lens has its weaknesses, but I can compensate for them quite well in PL. Itā€™s just a utility lens for point and shot. I also use the NEX-5 with a pinhole lens, so the parameters are different again. But thatā€™s another topic :-).

it has nothing to do with any NR and no NR ( DeepPrime or XD ) will fix the maize unless DxO will fix the code to account for green channels disbalance for the camera model

this is OPā€™s 2nd raw with ā€œno correctionā€, followed by DeepPrimeXD @ 40

the issue is that you can NOT see , try harder

if ā€œmazeā€ slider equalize green channels disbalance ( or / less chances / switch to another demosaick altogether that is green channels disbalance maze-proof ) then it makes a difference ā€¦ but it is a of little consolation in general ( and if ā€œmazeā€ slider fights it in a different manner by blurring details then it is even worse )

PS: basically DxO might need to move ā€œmazeā€ slider in a separate tool ( like ā€œmoireā€ slider ) because it has nothing to do w/ any noise reduction really -OR- ( donā€™t they claim to actually test every camera model ? ) like other raw converters (ACR/LR, C1) just always fix the green channels disbalance behind the scenes for all camera models where it is necessary ā€¦

I missed that. Is that still necessary? Where can I report the bug?

OK, cannot file a bug in the forum ā€¦

go to DxO website , find support section

Go here:
https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new