Returning image to PL MAC

That’s indeed supposed to be the case. Here I’m guessing you’re processing an image in the same folder as the original.
If you’re in the folder, the folder is a container, and whatever’s added to the container is shown immediately, just as it would on the Finder.
On the other hand, a project is a collection of image that you explicitly choose to be part of the project. When processing an image, by default, that processed image will not be part of it.

It is when I am processing an image in a Project folder - should or should not they edited tiff show in the Project? Currently the tiff is not showing in the Project but it is in the main (Finder related) folder.

Sorry, I meant that the current behavior is the intended one: when you’re in a project, if you process an image, it will not show up automatically, as images have to be added explicitly to a project.

Thanks. I would prefer a process that allows for all edits to an image in a Project to show up in that Project so that the project always displays the current status of the image, including any exports/round trips to Nik etc. Without that I cannot really see the point in having Projects at all. Others may see it differently so happy to be convinced that I am wrong!

Cannot agree more. For me a project is work in progress and should reflect the changes that you apply to its elements.

As for myself, I have never worked with projects so this is a non-issue for me. If PL2 gets fixed so that returned edited images show up properly I, for one, am content as that is how I process images by default.

For those who depend upon projects I can see that this is an issue. Out of curiosity would the ability of PL2 to display and work on all images in a subject folder or subfolders take care of the problem? That is, currently PL2 only allows work on a specific folder. That is fine for me, but perhaps others have more complex needs. Would the ability to work on all images in or under some specific folder solve those needs?

As I said, I ask out of curiosity. I am mindful of the saying that “Nothing is impossible to the person who does not have to do the work”.

Not sure I will from now on :slight_smile: