PureRaw 3 + Nikon Zf + Macbook => pink cast on snowy photos

Hi there!

I’ve recently tried to process some photos taken on the ski trip through DXO PureRaw 3 version 3.9 via Lightroom export feature (Macbook Pro M2, OS Sonma 14.5) and the results are not great, namely, the white parts of the photos become pink, as in the example below:

Processed photo:
processed

The parts that become pink are not completely white, they are ~96-98% grey(ish). I’ve tried to disable the chromatic aberration correction, but the result is the same.

Is this result expected?

Regards,

Tom

Hello there.

There were a Color cast problem in earlier revisions of PL and PR when using DeepPrime and XD in Ventura.

But that should have been solved from version 3.3 of PR.

Hard to say based on any tool that cannot display a raw histogram and -data.
Have a look at the image in RawDigger or FastRawViewer to see whether the image has no blown highlights… The pink shown is often a consequence of saturated green channel(s)…

Alternatively, post (a link to) the original RAW file and we’ll be able to check.

Thanks for pointing me to RawDigger and FastRawViewer, I didn’t know such tools existed.

I have checked the sample photo in the latter program and it doesn’t show any overexposed areas, at least as far as I can tell after watching a couple of tutorials:

Hitting O doesn’t show any culling either.

The link to the original: Original NEF

Did I miss something?

Tom

The Zf pink highlights bug was fixed in PhotoLab 7.5 and PureRAW 3.11. See DxO Software - New Cameras & Lenses support (16 April 2024 update) - #683 by Marie.

EDIT: Your NEF looks OK in PL7.7.2, so very probably PureRAW update will fix your problem. I don’t have PR to check for sure.

1 Like

Hi Wlodek,

That was it. I was using an older version and it works fine after the upgrade. Thanks!

Tom

Checking it in RawDigger reveals a perfectly exposed capture.

In relation to the expected upper limit, there is an exposure margin of about a third of a stop. You couldn’t have done better than that. Note that I’ve set EV0 to match the max. binary value and the vertical axis to display logarithmically.

1 Like