PL5 doesn't make use of my workstation's performance at all - fixed in newer versions?

Right, I’m not talking about export. I really don’t mind the export performance, I can go do something else with my life at that point. Time wasted during editing though is time subtracted directly from my day.

1 Like

And this time is extremely long compared to any other photo processing software. (And any other software of any kind in general). And it coasts lot of money in professional use.
This is compounded by a feeling of slowness and unresponsiveness of the interface when certain changes should be instantaneous.

Not because of the processing time, but because of the way the program works during use (editing).

This is due to the non-utilization of certain resources of the current workstations, to the outdated interface that struggles to refresh fast in many many ways when it should be instantly (try to shift select every tab tool icons for example (clic first one - shift clic last one) and … wait), to the difficulty of accurately entering the desired values without groping with the mouse with certain tools, to the decision of validating choices on release mouse rather than on press mouse sometime, to the impossibility of comparing several images, to the lack of shortcuts to instantly jump from tool to tool, etc, etc, etc.

This is not a PL5 thing (see subject title) but a PL thing.