Photolab 7 manual download unavailable?

Now that I have acceptable processing times and a license, I am further exploring the possibilities of Photolab. I have been looking for the manual to download but it seems available only for previous versions?

Welcome to DXO there isn’t a dowloadabl one however much its been asked for

Yes only the previous versions are downloadable.
For the current version, which can be changed, DXO believes that it is easier to keep a web page up to date.

Ouch. I run Windows strictly off-line only.

You can print a pdf of 8 chapters

In which case, as of PL version 7.7 you will probably have a problem after 37 days. See this topic for more information:

I had just struck on that topic and I am happy I have 7.6 installed and not going to change that.

For the current version, which can be changed, DXO believes that it is easier to keep a web page up to date.

It may be “easier” fro them (I really doubt it if they use the best software for publishing), but it is useless for many (most?) users.

The major drawback is that it is not searchable (meaning find all occurrences of a term in the entire document). You can’t even find the first occurrence without guessing where it might be…

Also, forcing users to access it online is a waste of resources (repeatedly downloading the same material),.

Richard (User since Optics Pro around v2…)