New crops in PL3

Il y a un contournement simple possible (Windows, Mac je ne sais pas):
Dans la palette recadrage, effacer l’entrée “Ratio” et taper 7/5.
Cette valeur sera conservée pendant toute la session dans la liste déroulante. Il y aura donc dans cette liste 5/7 et 7/5 à choisir en fonction de l’orientation de l’image.

There is a simple workaround possible (Windows, Mac I don’t know):
In the crop palette, delete the entry “Ratio” and type 7/5.
This value will be kept throughout the session in the drop-down list. There will therefore be in this list 5/7 and 7/5 to choose according to the orientation of the image

The only workaround on Mac is to type the desired ratio every single time you need it: there’s no persistence at all.

I wish they would just make the list of ratios configurable and be done with it. (In addition to fixing the current orientation mix-up and more of course.)

For your info,

1. the crop ratio list will be reordered and in the next release
  2. When you reset the crop correction from crop toolbar, crop mode will be reset to "Auto based … " as well
2 Likes

Yes, but what behaviour do you mean that explains? A little more detail would be good, because I don’t see it.

2 Likes

Surely the simplest and most logical solution would be to list the crop ratios in order of “width” (i.e. starting with 1:1, 5:4, 7:5, 3:2, etc), and to use the existing orientation (landscape or portrait) of the original image as the starting position. This would be predictable behaviour, and most often likely to be the correct choice. In the less common situation when want to make a vertical crop from a landscape format image, you just reshape it by dragging the corner.

4 Likes