things i encounter learning DxO Photolab. I appreciate the fact that DxO Stafmembers encourage feedback to improve DxO Photolab. And this are some things i run in to which maybe already posted here in a different way:
- copy paste correction function for images: all or nothing kind of tool. i can’t find selection before pasting (afterwards undo the ones you don’t want is possible but i would like a “copy”, select those who i want to paste on a other image, and apply. (non selected tools are not overwrite the same tools by the paste on the next image.) So “copy/selective” command which allow me to select the things i want to paste on a particulair image or images.
- somehow i can’t detect which “preset” is applied on a image. (clicking on the preset you want means back to default of that preset and start over.) It would be great to use some of the left space on the top bar for info display about which preset is used in the beginning, (or just mark in the preset list with a blue framework the selected one.) This way you can check your starting-point wile adjusting.
- in the color(rendering) department:A color controller which allows me to choose some possible presets like blue-sky emphasis/enhancement, or sunset or landscape green or … and fine tune from there with the sliders or something , maybe a round colorspace?. So you can simply enhance/improve the wanted effect. (again it could be already there and i can’t find it or just don’t know how to get that effect.)
- highlight control, now i can use smartlighting, constrast sliders in highlight/midtones and selective tones to get my colors in the bleeched blown area’s. (this workes fine/does a great job most of the time) somehow i can’t find a way to control the Chroma-luminance and saturation-hue of bright/bleeched area’s on a global way. (is this the protected saturated colors slider in colorrendering?)
- A cloning tool with a control from where the repair information is taken from? So i can actual control the source of the stamp. (sometimes the repair magictool is “misbehaving” and controlled cloning is then the only solution)