iPhone 12 Pro Module

Thanks for your kind words about the image. I was surprised myself at what comes out of an iPhone camera in good light. I mainly use my iPhone for daylight panorama as it does a splendid job automating the process although posterisation in the skies does blemish some images.

I would certainly shoot a lot more images with my iPhone if Photolab supported iPhone RAW (for me the classic iPhone DNG, which has been kicking around for years in applications like Moment, Halide and First Light). So we shouldn’t let DxO off the hook for not supporting iPhones. Not supporting X-Trans is okay (it’s a niche, and I disposed of my Fuji cameras as I would rather have Photolab support than an X-T3, X-T20 or X-H1) but not supporting iPhone DNG after having introduced it is really a kick in the stomach.

I had forgotten Iridient Developer is Mac only. No need to regret Iridient Developer too much. I trotted it out today after recommending ID to you earlier and processed a couple of images. The results were good (not great) but ID is much, much slower than Photolab, mainly because of the slow updates to preview. Plus the workflow is nothing like as intuitive or enjoyable (had to take the image to Acorn to do some cloning and to clean up some hot chroma spots).

Perhaps there are some Windows specific editors. I wouldn’t buy it if you don’t own it already through a bundle but Luminar apparently support iPhone RAW (time for me to dust off my old copy though I don’t like Luminar much) and On1 (which I also didn’t like much, although I find On1’s marketing more appealing than Skylum) which definitely supports iPhone RAW.

When will DxO add back iPhone DNG support to Photolab so we could spend our time amazing one another with the incredible mobile photos we took and processed in Photolab and less time suggesting workarounds to one another? Frustrating.

You’ve got my vote!