DxO Software - New Cameras & Lenses support (17 September 2024 update)

ancient explanation is OK except we are talking here about all native lenses - not some 3rd party unlicensed manufacturers for F-mount … it is like confusing between two Nikon OEM Z-mount lens on Nikon OEM Z-mount body

Not in my case, at least I can’t identify this kind of problem.

Left: What DxO claims to recognize. But I never had any of this lenses on any of my bodies!
Right: Lens EXIF seen by DxO (apparently the “maker” is not displayed) and by Lyn.
No matter if there’s a maker tag or not, but the lens model has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with a Leica lens.

Thank you for your answer, @Pieloe, but I was not expecting or hoping for help from DxO users. All DxO users have to suffer of some flaws in DxO’s concept of lens recognition which to me is terribly wrong and leading to deterioration as these lenses are different ones. Okay, people say the Vario Elmar is basically the Sigma 100-400 contemporary and comparing the technical drawing of the lens elements, I have to agree, but comparing the MTF and the results, slight doubts appear on my horizon. Which only Sigma or Leica could clarify – and they won’t do so. And in the case of the APO summicron it is very definitely NOT the same lens.

and even then… if a lens delivers EXIF and the camera body is writing them into the RAW, I expect any RAW converter to be able to recognize that properly. I understand DxO can’t recognize stuff like the Laowas, which don’t come with EXIF. But for a RAW converter company claiming only their profiles are “good for best quality”, I definitely expect more care and better EXIF recognition.

then they often presented themselves falsely to a camera body as some different OEM lens

OP refuses to share raw files

nevertheless here is raw from Sigma fp L camera + Sigma 28-70mm F2.8 DG DN | C lens = Sigma fp L sample gallery: Digital Photography Review

We see that clearly make and model present

0xa432 LensInfo : 28-70mm f/2.8
0xa433 LensMake : SIGMA
0xa434 LensModel : 28 - 70mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary 021
0xc630 DNGLensInfo : 28-70mm f/2.8

nevertheless here is raw from Sigma fp L camera + Panasonic Lumix S 85mm F1.8 ( not some 3rd party lens, native L mount lens ) = Sigma fp L sample gallery: Digital Photography Review

same - all info present as expected in a modern L-mount camera with genuine L-mount lens

0xa432 LensInfo : 85mm f/1.9
0xa433 LensMake : Panasonic
0xa434 LensModel : LUMIX S 85/F1.8
0xc630 DNGLensInfo : 85mm f/1.9

Hello @JoJu ,

you said you already have contacted the support, can you give me by pm the ticket number so I can get the RAW files and have a look?

L-mount is an alliance between Leica, Panasonic and Sigma, they all share this mount.
We don’t support yet the Sigma 100-400mm, I hope to fix it in the first quarter of 2024, so your images can’t be matched with the Sigma modules (as they don’t exist) but we support Leica 100-400mm, as they have same LensInformation we propose that. It’ because Exif information about lenses used to not be unique or accurate enough and so, we needed to provide flexibility. We have room for improvement on modern lenses, I know.

In profiles for RAW images in L-mount you have:

• Lens (RAW)
  • Lens (RAW with in-camera correction)

It’s a bit tricky but the reason is a firmware update of Leica cameras:

• on images RAW from Panasonic and Sigma cameras you don’t have embedded correction from the camera even if it is turned on.
  • on images RAW from Leica cameras, since the update of October 2022, vignetting correction is applied :sob:

So you have to choose accordingly, preferably don’t download both.
We hope to improve the process soon but it’s not ready yet.

Regards,
Marie

2 Likes

speaking of which - do you do the same for Sony ?!

Hello,

no, we don’t as Sony doesn’t apply optical correction on RAW.
But we have separated optical modules for RAW and JPG as JPG have optical correction from the camera.

Marie

Marie, I’m missing the new Panasonic Lumix Leica 100-400mm with 1.4 and 2.0 teleconverter. Do you plan this, too?

Hello @joerg2019 ,

Support of the Panasonic Lumix Leica 100-400mm II with 1.4 and 2.0 planned in January.

Marie

1 Like

Hello Marie, Are the December updates almost ready?

1 Like

Perfect, thanks a lot!

:FACEPALM: , @Marie … :FACEPALM:

every single Sony dLSM user knows for more than a decade that Sony does write different raw data if camera has [Lens Comp] → [Shading Comp] set to Auto vs OFF

Are you seriously saying that DxO never ever checked that established fact during the touted process of crafting bespoke lens profiles ?

OMG, literally !

please let me share 2 raw files from A7R2 with FE55/1.8 lens mounted… the difference is

one with with camera menu :: [Lens Comp] → [Shading Comp] set to Auto
exif tag :: 0x2011 VignettingCorrection : Auto

and one with

camera menu :: [Lens Comp] → [Shading Comp] set to OFF
exif tag :: 0x2011 VignettingCorrection : Off

so what now ?

https://app.box.com/s/w3yed09t16iiipgkw995i2ey7vdfkr7g

really, DxO does over-correct vignetting on raw with Sony applied raw correction of vignetting, no BS

PS: focusing distance BTW still NOT read out for A7R2

1 Like

How can we get the Q2 Monochrom on the roadmap? Currently I’m forced to use ON1 Photo Raw 2024. I’d MUCH prefer to use PL!

Was having this question for a while, and I had lots of problem back then with PR2 overcorrecting some of my photos taken with A7M4, which made that software unusable.

From this post, it seems while RAW contains the vignette compensation data, the photo-editing software can still choose to ignore it. Not sure what DxO actually did, so it’s good to have it clarified.

the matter is that ( A ) DxO has no idea that Sony cameras like A7R2 DO IN FACT " apply optical correction on RAW and ( B ) while they provide different modules for L-mount cameras separately : * Lens (RAW) and * Lens (RAW with in-camera correction) – they do not do this for Sony …

(B) does not matter much practically - as no sane user will switch such in camera raw corrections on in camera unless by error or ignorance … but as a matter of quality, DxO PL code upon detecting of such .ARW raw files from Sony cameras shall disable or adjust application of relevant optics corrections applied when existing optics module engaged

(A) though matters - because it yet again undermines claims about quality of testing in house performed by DxO

Viltrox AF 85mm 1.8 Z is still not supported. Waiting since PL 5 Elite and have paid for 6 Elite and 7 Elite now. But i cannot use my software with a modul for this Glass.

Hi Marie,
when will the December update be available?
Thanks, Joerg

2 Likes

You can request support for a lens here:

But this is no guarantee that they will do …

Thank you, but i know. Did this a few times for my three Z50, 7 and 6II. But waiting about two years now.