DxO Software - New Cameras & Lenses support (16 April 2024 update)

Yes more and more people in BZH :sunny:

Hi. I just downloaded few of these products. For PL6, FP6, VP4 and PR3, the product version is shown in the file properties.

For PL5 and Nik Collection, it just says 5.0.0.0 or 6.1.0.0. I can see that the file size has changed from previous version but the product version has not changed in the file properties. How can I find the actual product version without installing it?

Thanks.

Time to get the bicycle out then! :wink:

Hmmm. We live 90 metres above sea level, with both hills and valleys to get to the coast. Even if getting there is mostly downhill, getting back after a nice meal is a bit more problematic :crazy_face:

check here for last version you downloaded
https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/categories/4406548305809-Compatibility-system-requirements

Hm. To me as a Pentaxian, the regular email updates about new support for cameras and lenses have felt a little stale lately. It’s like being at a party where everyone else seems to be receiving lavish presents, and the last time anything Pentax was added to the support list (or even scheduled) was the KF DSLR and the HD Pentax-D FA 100mm F2.8 ED AW Macro in February. Both much-needed and -appreciated additions, and I mean this, but the list of unsupported in-production Pentax gear remains substantial:

• Pentax K-3 III Monochrome

• HD Pentax-FA 50mm F1.4

• smc Pentax-FA 50mm F1.4 Classic

• HD Pentax-FA 35mm F2

• HD Pentax-DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 Fish-Eye ED

Another thing still clouded in mystery is whether the high-ISO artefact issue with Prime XD reported by K-3 III users - https://forum.dxo.com/t/possible-problem-in-deepprime-xd-support-for-pentax-k-3iii/29100 - has actually been resolved.

Frankly, don’t know what to make of it, even considering that I’m asking for niche brand support.

2 Likes

not a high priority, so try to recruit other people to raise the matter to create an impression that may be there are 2-3 people instead of one in the world among DxO users who need that stuff …

don’t get me wrong, pentax are built like a tank but weight like a brick. i like you can drop them in mud and rinse them under water tap, but everyone i know that used them, move to a lighter system also because there isn’t much new from pentax, other than the monochrome k-3 III.

you can always open a ticket with dxo to add those items you listed above, that would be your best move to get them supported.

1 Like

Hey Mike. Couldn’t resist hopping over to your SmugMug and must say you’ve got some accomplished photography going on there - both ‘avian’ and otherwise! :heart_eyes: :+1:t2:

As for my niche request, I’m aware of and have basically exhausted all the channels that DxO offers for asking for that kind of support. And in truth, they have provided quite a bit of Pentax support since I began using DxO software in 2015. But then again, you occasionally need a little patience with them, too, when you happen to shoot Pentax. The last two lenses on my list were both released in 2019.

I will also say that none of the Pentax glass that I’m currently using (ten lenses) and have ever used (three more) has gone unsupported by them, and I’m genuinely grateful for that, as expressed by the simple fact that I have faithfully bought all DxO OpticsPro, PhotoLab, and Nik Collection iterations since OpticsPro 10. So, I guess I should be entitled to an opinion.

3 Likes

better head to PentaxForums and try to recruit other DxO users to support your quest … but better yet - move to a different system :crazy_face: … as for pentax you can keep it when you feel that you need to have a brick to drop in the mud or rinse under water tap … but then you can always do the same with an actual brick for free.

@noname Okay, do you just make a habit of trying to troll Pentaxians, or do you also take the occasional photograph?

1 Like

thanks,
i’m sure dxo are busy trying to ahve their hands on new stuff because everyone getting those new stuff ask as soon as they are announced =]
i don’t know about their waiting list but there’s always camera/lens combo to be added, hopefully you get those missing one sooner than later.

1 Like

Thanks, Mike. Also, manufacturers sometimes seem to be a bit sketchy when comes to sending out loaners, without which DxO cannot calibrate their modules. Unfortunately, Ricoh Imaging Europe (which would normally provide the Pentax loaners) seems to have skipped a number of lenses in the past. At least I recall DxO staffers citing that as a reason for certain omissions.

1 Like

nobody prevents DxO to rent a lens for a day … ( as they are not using multiple samples of lenses to account for variations :grinning: )

beating a dead horse whose corps was sold and resold …

yes, smc Pentax-FA 50mm F1.4 Classic was announced when ? in 1991 …

i don’t think dxo check every pawn shop for used lens =/

DxO relies on manufacturers to provide loaners. They will not routinely ask for loaners on their own account.

While based on the 1991 film era FA, the Classic is actually a 2023 re-release of the said lens that was introduced together with a new HD-coated variant, so that buyers have a choice.

Personally, I don’t consider the Classic the most pressing item on my list, but support for the HD lenses, in particular the Fish-Eye zoom, would be great to have.

2 Likes

Perfect timing as today my Panasonic S5IIX arrived! Merci bien!

Hello,

Both Pentax 50mm F1.4 will be supported in September. I will look for the 35mm as well. I can’t say about the fish-eye for now.

Marie

4 Likes