Changed behavior on 6.3: cropped image not automatically maximized after cropping

This is a very annoying bug in the Photolab software.
This bug is still present in version 6.6!!
Why isn’t DXO fixing it???

but it’s in the changelog:
New features
• The “Constrain to image” option in the Distortion palette and Volume Deformation palette is now checked by default

What annoys me even more – hitting ESC after cropping acts like ENTER, which is simply wrong.

1 Like

That change has nothing to do with this cropping/display zoom bug that was introduced in 6.3

ok, sorry, it was very similar to me;-)

1 Like

Yeah. That’s a different feature request which has also been ignored for years. (The ability to constrain the cropping box to active image area so there is no black in the corners.). Anyway the change in 6.6 is a similar capability for the distortion correction. (Though implemented a little differently than would be required for cropping. But anyway that’s outside the scope of this post.

Vote and discuss here if you’re interested in that:
https://forum.dxo.com/t/crop-tool-limit-to-rotated-picture-area

Note despite how simple this would be to implement this was requested SIX years ago so don’t hold your breath.

6.7 is here (at least for windows), however this issue is not resolved…

This new behavior is really annoying and after months is still not resolved

@Cecile-C
Do you have any update on an estimated time to have this issue fixed? Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello Mike, I can confirm this is really identified and planned, but we cannot communicate on a delivery date or version. Thank you for your understanding

As many pointed out above kicked into the very long grass

What should be a simple thing with no clarity on when it will be sorted out…

If I was cynical…the upcoming v7 perhaps !

I’m working my way thru a new batch of images, from a recent photography trip - - and I’m reminded of just how tedious and annoying this behaviour can be … :angry:

It was not fixed in recent v6.7 release … I wonder how long it will take to be addressed ?? :thinking: ??

2 Likes

Isn’t F3 shortcut after cropping doing what you want more easily ? (PC version - I don’t know mac version).

1 Like

Yes - That’s a workaround … But it’s different to how it used to work (more comfortably) before PLv6.3

1 Like

@John-M Hello John, it was not expected to be fixed in PL6.7, my apologies about this.

That’s fine, Cecile - - I did not construe from your note that any specific version would contain this fix … I’m sincerely hoping, tho, that it will be coming sometime very soon … It’s a real annoyance.

4 Likes

I’m not normally a betting man, but I would almost place a bet that it’s not going to happen anytime soon.

Mary

So - - there’s an opportunity for DxO to completely shock us all !!

• It would be a great little job to give to the work-experience kid.
3 Likes

Yes, I find this annoying as well.

As @platypus explained above, the s/w apparently remembers the zoom as a numeric value instead of ‘fit to window’.

Having experience with other s/w applications (not photo related) and zoom features, I didn’t think this would be hard to fix.

1 Like