Change Splash Screen Image

That’s the amazing thing with development and keeping your legacy raw files.

You can open the ten or fifteen years old raw files and redevelop them in the latest PhotoLab!
And with that take advantage of the best ML based noise reduction, colour processing or local adjustments and be able to output even better photos of those historically produced.

Samsung hsd a history of using camrra imiges claiming they were phone ones. I think they got into trouble with thr UK advertising people over doing it at least once

That’s the amazing thing with development and keeping your legacy raw files.

You can open the ten or fifteen years old raw files and redevelop them in the latest PhotoLab!
And with that take advantage of the best ML based noise reduction, colour processing or local adjustments and be able to output even better photos of those historically produced.

Yes, and I’ve done the same thing with photos I took back in 2001. However, I don’t think that’s what happened here. The video implies that the photoshoots were done 2014-2017, and there’s nothing in the web gallery that shows the photos were re-processed after that. His BeHance gallery pretty much says the same thing. I don’t have any fight with this, except the cat that thinks this picture is “inappropriate,” but if this photo has been reprocessed using recent DxO tools, they should say so.

1 Like

Maybe to move on now – the press summer slump is over.

2 Likes

Summer is just about to begin! :new_zealand:

Egil, I would love to have your problems because then I would not have any

5 Likes

No Sigi, in a world of blind people, the one eyed man is king.

1 Like

That of course assumes that the one-eyed man is not also “blind” and clueless as well.

“There are none so blind as those who will not see.”

Mark

2 Likes

But getting real, I think no one will be able to pick a picture which is liked by everyone. So whatever you pick, someone will object. I am sure that the Mona Lisa, probably the most famous portrait in the world (assumption) is not liked by everyone.

In a world of blind people, you can pick whatever splash screen image and nobody will ever whine :slight_smile:

Sigi,
You are probably right, and that would be the best argument for no image at all.

1 Like

It’s all down to individual taste but I’m glad someone else feels that about the splash image. Maybe for V8 DXO could have several potential splash images and poll beta testers on which image to use?

I would not like that at all - I want a picture

This topic started as a funny contest and now it turned into a big SPLASH (screen :crazy_face:)

As I already suggested above:

So if someone feel the need to hide the splash screen just go create an official request on the forum so people can vote.
I will give you my vote because this is a simple thing to program and we should learn to support and accept different point of view.
:man_bowing:t4:

Now let’s stop putting oil on the fire and let’s go back to the original idea of this topic. Thank you.

So much energy for this post …there is no more problems on on DXO software :rofl:

5 Likes

Frankly, and I say this as a strict non-smoker, I’m perfectly fine with that image, as it’s an accomplished photograph and quite an eye-catcher. It even transports DxO’s emphasis on colour enhancement for this iteration of PL.

Something must be deeply wrong with me, and I may well be cancelled for daring to say this. :wink:

2 Likes

Except the splash image looks unchanged from the original and the original dates from 201, see the link in @Required’s post:

What a awesome feature request.
I’m sure I would get wonderfull, fast, and precise results with it.

Are you kidding, guys ???
Just wondering what you do with your raws to find this kind of request relevant …

Here’s the info on the PL7 splash image. Note the file name isn’t the name used in PL6.

After feeding the file to MediaInfo, I think the exhalation (sic) is photoshopped (using the generic term).

Now to build an image of the same size, and see what mischief is needed to use it.

Sigh… pl7-background isn’t the startup splash screen file.

I was able to cobble together a 1808 x 1020 JPEG in a hurry, replace the original pl7-background file with my file, and… nope - pl7-background is the background for “What’s New”, not the startup splash screen.

1 Like