Another new specialized keyboard we can't use with DxO

On top of the x-keys, stream decks, loupe decks, and all the others, here’s another…

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/daptkey/daptkey-redefine-your-life-with-a-customizable-keyboard/rewards

And like all the others, its use is limited if DXO does not propose to modify the keyboard shortcuts.

1 Like

Vote here:

And here:

These are really old and not addressed so not holding out hope. But vote anyway.

3 Likes

voted on those quite a while ago, thanks!!

For those on Mac, Keyboard Maestro will allow you to implement a lot of these external keyboard solutions. Not the sliders so easily unfortunately. If there is at least some kind of keyboard equivalent, yes, even if it’s multistep. Progress could be made.

Even CoreDraw allows one extensive flexibility to modify and create keyboard shortcuts.

One crazy set keyboard shortcut I wish I could turn off is having the Escape key Enter stuff! Argh! You hit Esc on a crop or a horizon correction and it enters it! :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

You are absolutely right. return and enter should confirm a correction, esc should cancel it.

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

It appears that the horizon correction is already confirmed once applied, and hitting Esc just gets you out of the feature. You have to apply the reset in the Horizon feature to start over. While this has never personally bothered me it is counter intuitive. Escape seems to work pretty much the same way for the retouch, perspective, crop, horizon, and reshape buttons.

Mark

2 Likes

It would anyway be more logical to use ESC as it is used in any application : to cancel current operation, isn’t it ?
And ENTER to validate it …
:face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

I guess that may depend on how ones defines the current operation. Each of the icons on the top of the screen opens a different functional module. The Escape key just exits the active module. Perhaps they need to add a dialog box when the Escape key is selected asking us if we also want to discard the edits.

Mark

1 Like

Anyway I think they should concentrate on more important things than the ESC shortcut.

1 Like