Add AI capabilities to DXO Photolab

add AI-outpainting, -inpainting, -background replacement, -sky replacement, -object deletion, addition and replacement, and -style transfer to dxo photolab

Welcome. Keep in mind that while DxO monitors this site and occasionally contributes to it, it is primarily a user site.

Having been a member of this site for over 6 years and a user of PhotoLab since version 1, I think I can say with a high level of confidence that none of the items in your list will be implemented anytime soon. Perhaps down the road some of them will be addressed.

Mark

1 Like

In/outpainting and some content aware fixing would be welcome. This replacement stuff not so sure.

I would be happy to see at least state of the art masking functionalities (e.g. automatically mask the sky, the main subject, …)
Of course there are workarounds available, but LR just does it.

State of the art masking would be the first step before thinking of any replacement … you first need to detect and mask things before you’ll be able to replace them.

1 Like

Hello,
there’s already a topic that brings together all the AI feature proposals.
Here is the latest list:

It seems that your “AI-outpainting, -inpainting, -background replacement, -sky replacement, -object deletion, addition and replacement” features could be likened to:

#3 AI auto-fill: “It would be very useful to widen the framing after viewpoint transformations. By recreating areas “outside the original image” using AI algorithms, it would be possible to fill in the empty parts of the frame with a “realistic” pattern, copied from the areas closest to the image (sky, vegetation, grass, rocks or concrete floor, etc.).”
#8 AI object detection and replacement: "You select an area of the image with one click, the AI precisely selects its boundaries and replaces it with the background.
#1 AI Mask: "Quickly select masks for certain parts of the image, with the help of the AI. For example: sharpness mask (automatic detection of areas of maximum sharpness with an opacity gradient depending on the transition between sharpness and blur); sky; faces and skin; vegetation, etc.

Feel free to vote, add to or comment on the proposals that interest you.

1 Like

AI-Sky-Mask (and inverted masking) would be awesome. I used it very often before switching to DX0 PhotoLab on Luminar 4. I miss it very much.

I think Ai Sky Replacement is more than a marketing gag than useful. It usually doesn’t look really good.

Have you tried the Control Line tool in the local settings?
It makes it easy to select the sky in most situations with just a few clicks.
Sometimes you just need to adjust the selectivity of the mask (luminosity and/or chroma) and, if necessary, complete the selection with inverted control points or control lines.

2 Likes

Oh No! I I thought that’s the filter, just around. Thats really cool. I just tested it, it works just as well. Minimal more work, but totally simple.
Thank You very much!

2 Likes