Author Topic: Optics Modules - manual download  (Read 3577 times)

ctaylor_1

Optics Modules - manual download
« on: November 30, 2013, 08:52:47 am »
How do I manually download the optics modules to work offline? What can I do when I'm out shooting with a lens or camera combination for which I haven't yet downloaded the module and have no internet. I found a reference to manually downloading DxO Optics Pro modules. Are the Viewpoint v2 files the same as the DxO Optics Pro v9 modules, can I just put them into the DxO Viewpoint modules folder in my home library on my Mac?

romke

Re: Optics Modules - manual download
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 09:45:50 am »
as far as i know you only can download required modules when on line and having the base application open. when you open up DXO and open some images to be processed, you will be told if you use a camera/lens combination for which there exists a module and that is not yet downloaded. you can then download that module with a few mouseclicks.

you can also download any module you think you might need in future - so if you know you will go out with a different camera/lens combination next week, you already can download a suitable module now. when you later open the images shot, automatically the already downloaded modules will be used. 

photography
photography