Author Topic: Which DxO preset is applied when using FilmPack  (Read 2875 times)

plerick

Which DxO preset is applied when using FilmPack
« on: August 01, 2013, 09:46:31 pm »
When using the DxO Optics Pro, in general a default preset is applied.

However when we start using inside DOP the FilmPack module, we do not know/have possibility to set a default preset from which the FilmPack will start with.

Is this something that could be made available in an upcoming version?

lincal

• Tofographies
Re: Which DxO preset is applied when using FilmPack
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 08:46:13 am »
Hello plerick,

Sorry, I am not sure to understand what you mean, but you can define some presets using FilmPack options within Optics Pro... I imagine it is not your request ?
Amicalement / Kind regards
Christophe

Andy_F

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 09:06:36 am »
Hello plerick,

When you start making changes with FilmPack, you are starting with whatever DxO Preset you had applied before making any further changes using FilmPack.

Only two settings in the originally applied DxO Preset can be changed using FilmPack.  These are "Color Rendering" which you most likely will change from your Camera Rendering to a FilmPack Film "Color Rendering" and "Style-Toning" which you may or may not change in FilmPack.

From there, using FilmPack, going forward there are additional settings selections that cannot be made directly to an applied DxO Preset. You may or may not choose to make these.

So in summary, when you apply changes in FilmPack, you make custom changes to the DxO Preset that you originally applied to your image.  In answer to your question then, is that there is no specifically identifiable DxO Preset that is applied when you use FilmPack -- by using FilmPack in DxO Optics Pro you are in effect creating a new Custom Preset.  If you wish, you can use "Save Settings as a Preset" to make this a re-usable preset that you can apply to other images if what you have done is something that you would like to apply to other images.

Does this answer you question? 

plerick

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 07:30:59 pm »
Andy,

Thanks for your answer ; am asking this question because I occasionally produce from DxO (sometimes LightRoom) a JPEG and then I start the standalone FilmPack. Doing this way, you have a starting basis for applying the film color or B&W rendenring that is different from what the DxO integrated FilmPack provides.

For example you can remove contrast, desaturate, apply may be a specific DSLR profile etc, and was proposing to get this in DxO.

lincal

• Tofographies
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 09:45:59 am »
Hello plerick,
I understand now your question, but in fact, you can do exactly the same using FilmPack inside Optics Pro.

Your workflow is to set your photo in OP, then export it in JPEG before modifying it again in FP; I imagine you loose information during export !
Remove contrast, desaturate, or whatever can be done directly in OP as well, even if you chose before a default preset.

I do not see how the starting basis is different, except the format file.
Amicalement / Kind regards
Christophe

photography
photography