Author Topic: "ICC Execution Error" with B/W .jpg & .tif files on Win 7 64bit  (Read 4787 times)

carpediem007

• http://www.thelightmagician.com
"ICC Execution Error" with B/W .jpg & .tif files on Win 7 64bit
« on: December 18, 2011, 07:41:24 am »
With DXO Optics Pro 7 I have the following problem:
Many, but not all, files of type .jpg and .tif, that are black & white images (scans from film) are displayed in the bottom preview (browser) window but when I select them, instead of being displayed, I get "ICC Execution Error"...

This happens with or without GPU Acceleration / OpenCL enabled.

The file size doesn\'t seem to matter. I don\'t have this problem with color pictures (although I haven\'t tried with all my scanned color files).

Any idea how to "fix" this?

I never got a message like this with DXO Optics Pro Version 6.6

Thank you very much,
Michael

PS: System is Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @2.83GHz with 4GB RAM; 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium; ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series Graphics Adapter (1024MB).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 07:47:35 am by carpediem007 »

Adrien

• DxO Image Processing Engineer
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 11:49:43 am »
Images that only contain one plane (i.e. "true" grayscale images) are not supported.

I would suggest that you make sure you scan all your films as color images.

carpediem007

Thank you but
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 01:35:23 pm »
Quote from: Adrien;35610
Images that only contain one plane (i.e. "true" grayscale images) are not supported.

I would suggest that you make sure you scan all your films as color images.

it would be nice to see an image is grayscale when "hovering". As it stands, it says:

Type: RBG format

although it is 8Bit grayscale... How am I supposed to know? Do I now have to check every picture and if I get the error, change its mode with Photoshop or some other utility? :(

Thank you for your reply...
Michael

Adrien

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 10:16:59 am »
It\'s a tough call, support for 1-plane images is not planned, as it would need a considerable amount of work. The easy way would be to dump 1 plane images as soon as they are laoded, but then they wouldn\'t appear in your filmstrip, and we don\'t think it\'s satisfactory. OTOH, allowing you to view your 1 plane images requires that we modify most part of the correction engine.

As of now, i thin the best solution for your particular problem is to ensure that your scanner is set on whatever color mode it provides. I\'m sorry for the inconvenience, but for now, it\'s the best i can offer, i\'ll let you know if we find a better alternative.

carpediem007

Thank you very very much Adrien... :-)
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 09:38:27 pm »
I very much appreciate your taking the time to answer my request so thoroughly... I understand the underlying problem and will try to work around the "problem" by either scanning everything in RGB mode or / and converting existing images from B/W to Color with some image editor...

Again, thank you for answering...

Another question: When are Ricoh GXR DNG images going to be recognized by DxO Optics Pro? At the moment only the jpg is displayed. The DNG doesn\'t show at all :-(

I\'m using the A12 Module with various Leica and Voigtlaender lenses and I know I wont get automatic correction for a long time (if ever), but I do very much want to use the manual correction options DxO has to offer, making DxO my primary / only RAW converter. For now I have to use Lightroom which I "hate"...

Should I open a separate thread for this question / request?

Thank you very much and kind regards from Cologne,
Michael

Adrien

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 10:59:12 am »
While there are some minor technical roadblocks, this is mostly a business related decision and I can\'t give you an answer on that, sorry. The best I can tell you is that the decision to support a particular camera is based on the request we get from users.

photography
photography