Author Topic: "This image cannot be processed by Optics Pro"  (Read 15782 times)

tyrion

"This image cannot be processed by Optics Pro"
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 01:40:50 pm »
On my system it make no differents if i copy the files directly from the CF-card by cardreader or try to process files that are already processed by Dxo 4.5 ore other RAW-Converters.:confused:

tyrion

Kleinpetri

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 01:43:42 pm »
Quote from: BDW;2928
V5.0.2 processes raw files copied directly from the CF using Windows Explorer. It will not process the same file copied using Breeze Downloader Pro. V4.5 processes both files. The same files are processed happily by ACR, Lightroom, C1LE as well as DPP.

However, to be more precise than in my first posting (http://forum.dxo.com/showpost.php?p=2885&postcount=6), "my files" have been copied via card-reader/windows explorer to a WindowsXP computer, moved to a share on another computer running Windows Vista und were successfully processed by DOP 5.0.2.

Afterwards I copied the same files from the Vista PC to a third computer (the faster one) also running Vista where they coud NOT be processed by DOP 5.0.2. Unfortunately, I am no longer able to try to directly copy the files from the card reader connected to this  computer, as I already deleted them from the memory cards und do only have copies.

But I´m going to take some pics and try to directly copy and process them on the "bad" computer, - bit if this was the solution I will need lots of memory cards in future to store my originals. :D

I will keep you informed!

Greetz,
Petri

ageay

similar problem
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 04:53:21 pm »
Hi all,

I\'ve just updated to V5, and my Nikon D 200 is no longer recognized. I thought there might be a conflict between the previous version and V5, so I\'ve uninstalled V 4.5, but nothing moved. As soon as I get an answer from the technical assistance I\'ll post it.

AG  :confused:

Herman

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 05:02:30 pm »
Quote from: Kleinpetri;2956
Afterwards I copied the same files from the Vista PC to a third computer (the faster one) also running Vista where they coud NOT be processed by DOP 5.0.2.
You might want to do a binary comparison of the files to see if there is a difference between the \'good ones\' (that can be processed) and the \'bad ones\' (that are rejected by DxO).
I use beyond compare for this sort of comparison, but there may be other utilities around.

Hope this helps,
Enjoy!

Herman.

Stan

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 06:18:50 pm »
Quote from: Herman;2965
You might want to do a binary comparison of the files to see if there is a difference between the \'good ones\' (that can be processed) and the \'bad ones\' (that are rejected by DxO). I use beyond compare for this sort of comparison, but there may be other utilities around.  Hope this helps,

More debugging type tools? :eek:

From their site:

Beyond Compare is a powerful time-saving utility for comparing files and folders on your Windows system.

Use it to manage source code, keep folders in sync, compare program output, and validate copies of your data.  Beyond Compare can create a snapshot of a live directory structure, and compare it against the live copy at a later date.

Beyond Compare helps you analyze differences in detail and carefully reconcile them.  It commands a wide range of file and text operations, as well as script commands for automating tasks.

compare text files
compare folders, zip archives, ftp sites
update websites
merge code changes
compare program output
and more
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 06:48:20 pm by Stan »
:)  "Glad to be back..." :)

Bernardm

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 06:34:22 pm »
At last V 5 is working, hopefully the next release will speed up batch processing. This seems to be the wedge in my door. Speed is critical for processing of large assignments.
Please address this ASAP
Thanks

S.D.

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 07:26:14 pm »
Quote from: Bernardm;2969
At last V 5 is working, hopefully the next release will speed up batch processing. This seems to be the wedge in my door. Speed is critical for processing of large assignments.
Please address this ASAP
Thanks

Please share: How\'d you get it working?

I\'ve Uninstalled several times, re-Installed on my C: Drive (Normally put software on D: Drive), ran Window\'s update  and still no go.

V5.0.2 still will not recognizing my D70s or D80 photos that V4.5.1 processes fine.

As I write this, I\'m re-installing .Net and will report back upon completion.

As I may have mentioned earlier, I LOVE DXO\'s Batch processing and REALLY want V5.0.2 to work on my PC.

UPDATE: Sadly no joy. I\'m now at the Latest and greatest revision of Win XP Pro and still not working.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 09:00:36 pm by S.D. »

BDW

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2007, 12:37:12 pm »
Quote from: Herman;2965
You might want to do a binary comparison of the files to see if there is a difference between the \'good ones\' (that can be processed) and the \'bad ones\' (that are rejected by DxO).
I use beyond compare for this sort of comparison, but there may be other utilities around.

Hope this helps,

Thanks - a comparison using Beyond Compare showed that the two files (one copied with Windows Explorer and the identical image dowloaded with Downloader Pro are identical at the byte level.

This confirms the advice from Chris Breeze that DLPro does not make any changes to the file content when copying and renaming it.

I have now tried all of the raw converters that are available with demo versions and all of them with the exception of DxO 5 happily process both files.

I have uploaded the files for DxO Labs to have a look at them.

Here\'s hoping...

Bruce  :mad:

f-ewald

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 06:56:18 pm »
there is a 2nd thread discussing this problem. With changing to vers. 5 dxo quits processing my Nikon RAW´s.

Folker

Kleinpetri

No better results...
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 08:56:08 pm »
Hi all,

here´s my short and dissappointing answer:

Taking "new" pics and directly transferring them to my "bad computer" with a card reader didn´t make DOP 5 able to process them. :(

So, right now, I´m reinstalling Windows Vista for another time, hoping to having made something wrong before. Funny, that it works on the other computer...

By the way: In DOP 4.5, when I was unsatisfied with the result of a processed picture, I was able to directly jump back to this one pic on the "Prepare" tab via the right click menu. Isn´t that possible anymore with DOP 5? :confused:

Greetings,
Petri

Quote from: Kleinpetri;2956
However, to be more precise than in my first posting (http://forum.dxo.com/showpost.php?p=2885&postcount=6), "my files" have been copied via card-reader/windows explorer to a WindowsXP computer, moved to a share on another computer running Windows Vista und were successfully processed by DOP 5.0.2.

Afterwards I copied the same files from the Vista PC to a third computer (the faster one) also running Vista where they coud NOT be processed by DOP 5.0.2. Unfortunately, I am no longer able to try to directly copy the files from the card reader connected to this  computer, as I already deleted them from the memory cards und do only have copies.

But I´m going to take some pics and try to directly copy and process them on the "bad" computer, - bit if this was the solution I will need lots of memory cards in future to store my originals. :D

I will keep you informed!

Greetz,
Petri
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 09:22:55 pm by Kleinpetri »

sjokar

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 11:44:10 pm »

By the way: In DOP 4.5, when I was unsatisfied with the result of a processed picture, I was able to directly jump back to this one pic on the "Prepare" tab via the right click menu. Isn´t that possible anymore with DOP 5? :confused:
No, that´s why I still use 4.5.1. Asked support about it a couple of weeks ago. Wanted to know if it\'s a mistake or not. Stll got no answer. But I\'m waiting for 5.0.3...

Kleinpetri

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2007, 12:26:33 am »
Quote from: sjokar;3071
Wanted to know if it\'s a mistake or not. Stll got no answer.
That´s sad. I think it would be no problem if it had been forgotten und could simply be corrected in the next update. Things happen. But users would feel better if they became a feedback and a kind of "thank you".

Quote from: sjokar;3071
But I\'m waiting for 5.0.3...
So do I. ;)

bibicool

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2007, 09:06:02 am »
I have exactly the same issue, since I\'m using V5, my pictures taken with D70S are not recognized anymore... even directly downloaded from my card reader....

looking at the number of same issue with different users, to problem might come from a bug in the system and not from the computer...

In the meantime, Version 4.5 is still working perfectly... I hope next version of 5 will solve the problem.

BDW

Apparent error related to filename
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 12:05:48 pm »
I have been puzzled why a file Canon 30D file copied from CF using Windows Explorer will process but the same image downloaded by Downloader Pro fails despite the fact that a comparison of the two files shows that they are identical at the byte level.

DxO Labs blamed errors introduced by DLPro but this made no sense given that the files were identical at the byte level.

I noticed that some older files that had been downloaded with DLPro would process. The difference was the length/complexity of the filename resulting in a change in my naming convention over time.

If I take a file that fails to process, copy it and rename with a shorter filename it processes successfully. I have been able to repeat this on any number of files.

Interestingly the files that fail get a fair way (indicator ~75%) through the processing before it spits the dummy.

Hopefully this will lead to another bug fix that might be wider than just the Canon 30D.

Kleinpetri

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2007, 02:19:05 pm »
Quote from: BDW;3102
I noticed that some older files that had been downloaded with DLPro would process. The difference was the length/complexity of the filename resulting in a change in my naming convention over time.

If I take a file that fails to process, copy it and rename with a shorter filename it processes successfully. I have been able to repeat this on any number of files.
"My" files still have the original filename (DSC_nnnnn.NEF), and it doesn´t work, - I just copied them via Windows Explorer... What happens if you take your original files?

Quote from: BDW;3102
Interestingly the files that fail get a fair way (indicator ~75%) through the processing before it spits the dummy.
Hm, - didn´t tried that at all, to be honest. DOP said: "Cannot be processed", so I didn´t try to. ;)

But it´s the same behaviour as I have with my non-processing JPGs...
Take a look at: http://forum.dxo.com/showthread.php?t=717

Greetings,
Petri

photography
photography