Author Topic: "This image cannot be processed by Optics Pro"  (Read 15001 times)

dodgetigger

"This image cannot be processed by Optics Pro"
« on: December 03, 2007, 11:24:54 pm »
I am currently trying Optics Pro, and I stumbled upon some images where I get the message in the thread title:

All my images are .crw files from the EOS 10D, some with supported lenses, some with unsupported ones.
The images that can\'t be processed should be all images taken with supported lenses, although I also have images with supported lenses that just work fine.

From what I remember, I think the difference might be that the ones not working were processed with Canon\'s DPP at one point, and I guess I saved the recipe into the file.
But some of these files I really would like to reprocess with DXO.
Is there a way to do this still?

Looking at the images in idimager, I can still see in the Exif information the correct values for "Lens Focal Max" and "Lens Focal Min", so the needed info should still be there.

If a developer wants to look into this, I can provide you with sample images, if needed.

Administrator

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 12:30:36 am »
Thanks for your report.

We will try to find out what could be causing this.

regards,
www.dxo.com - Image Science

dodgetigger

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 09:57:48 am »
Thank you.

If you need any more input like sample images or whatever, feel free to message me. :)

normandjf

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 09:14:50 am »
I have exactly the same problem with images from my Nikon D200. These are NEF, or Raw files. I just transfered them in my computer, so they haven\'t been modified. Unless Picture Project  is messing with something? Thanks for your answer! (since I am trying DxO for 14 days, I hope I can fix that problem soon!)

mch_nz

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 09:55:45 am »
Quote from: dodgetigger;2161
From what I remember, I think the difference might be that the ones not working were processed with Canon\'s DPP at one point, and I guess I saved the recipe into the file.
I can confirm that saving a crw file with DPP will make it unreadable to DxO. I\'ve reported this to support. Again I\'m happy to provide copies of files pre and post DPP. Cheers, Mark

Kleinpetri

Same/similar problem
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 12:25:47 pm »
Hi all,

I have this problem, too, - at least it seems to be a very similar one. I find it strange, that it appears on only one of my two computers running Windows Vista.

In fact, I reinstalled Vista(!) on both computers, in order to have a clean system and a comparable basis. Then I installed all of the OS-patches, afterwards I installed DOP 5.0.2., with the same modules on both machines.

When trying to process some of my D80-NEFs, it works on one computer (P4, 2,8E, 3GB RAM) without any erros, - the other - the newer one  - computer (AMD Athlon X2 2400, 2GB RAM) seems to not recognize my cam nor the lenses and shows the given error "This image cannot be processed...".

By the way, (on the non-working-machine) I CAN process JPEGs from other cams, but I CANNOT process the JPEGs created by DxO 5 on the other machine from the same NEFs. - Is this right?  :confused:

Does anybody know if there is a way to extend the "trial" period in particular cases as long as we don´t have a corrected version which at least processes the images ;) ? I haven´t upgraded to DOP 5 yet, still using DOP 4.5 on another machine. I really would like to evluate DOP 5 on the "newer" computer...

Greetings,
Petri

Of course, I could provide sample pics, too.

milo_ja

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 12:40:25 pm »
Quote from: Kleinpetri;2885
Does anybody know if there is a way to extend the "trial" period in particular cases as long as we don´t have a corrected version which at least processes the images ;)

Yes. Just keep the date on your machine constant (at least before launching DxO). :) It really works. You won\'t stop trial clock, but it\'ll slow it down enough (to exact 14 days of using, not 14 days of possesing). What\'s more if you rember the exact hour, when you finish your last work, you can set the clock one minute after this before next launch and you will have 20160 minutes of constant using of DxO. It should be enough to ... survive to the next update. :)
BTW. this helped me to buy DxO because a have enough time to test while I\'ve been using DxO from time to time.

Kleinpetri

Thank you!
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 03:27:32 pm »
Hi milo_ja,

thanks a lot for your reply. :)

Quote from: milo_ja;2886
BTW. this helped me to buy DxO because a have enough time to test while I\'ve been using DxO from time to time.
That´s exactly why I asked.

Thank you und have a nice day!
Petri

milo_ja

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 03:44:38 pm »
Quote from: Kleinpetri;2897
Hi milo_ja,

thanks a lot for your reply. :)

That´s exactly why I asked.

Thank you und have a nice day!
Petri

But be carefull. Use allways the same date. You can change hour, but it\'d be better to write down just date (or write a small script which changes the date and lauches DxO). If you forget the date you\'re trial period can suddenly end. Launch script (2 lines of code) is the best solution.

dhoitink

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 07:18:32 pm »
I\'m having the exact same problem with my D200-RAW files. The only thing that my happened is that i\'ve looked at them with the RAW convertor of Adobe 4.2. But in DXO4 it never caused a problem....

S.D.

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 07:38:17 pm »
Quote from: dhoitink;2912
I\'m having the exact same problem with my D200-RAW files. The only thing that my happened is that i\'ve looked at them with the RAW convertor of Adobe 4.2. But in DXO4 it never caused a problem....

That describes the symptoms I\'m now seeing too.

tyrion

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 10:20:35 pm »
I´ve got the same Problem with .MRW (RAW-Files) from a Konica-Minolta D7D.:(
 I´ve tried different Pictures, fresh shot directly importet from the CF-Card and different pictures that have been already processed with DXO 4.5.

I´ve downloaded the korrect modules for my Cam and Lenses twice. Always the same result: "This Image cannot be processed by DxO Optics Pro.

What can I do to sucessfully process my pictures by DxO 5.0.2??:confused::confused::confused:

tyrion

jonhawkins

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 10:37:47 pm »
I have just installed DxO 5 on XP with modules for Nikon D80 and several lenses. (System restore point set before installing!)

When adding any photos to a project, it says image cannot be processed. It does not matter what lens was used, none of my raw NEF files can be processed.

Jon

BDW

Similar problems with 30D raw files
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 10:52:26 pm »
I have similar problems with files from a Canon 30D

V5.0.2 processes raw files copied directly from the CF using Windows Explorer. It will not process the same file copied using Breeze Downloader Pro. V4.5 processes both files. The same files are processed happily by ACR, Lightroom, C1LE as well as DPP.

Chris Breeze advises me that DLPro does not make any modification to the file whatsoever - it simply copies the file and renames it.

DxO Labs have told me that they do not guarantee DxO will process any file that has been transferred or touched in any way by any other program. They have offered to pass the file to their systems folks but I have the impression this would not be looked at any time soon.

Having been a DxO user for some time I am pondering whether to persevere or change my workflow to an alternative package. This is the first release of any package that has ever refused to process the files downloaded by DLPro.

bobovaso

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 01:15:15 am »
Quote from: mch_nz;2880
I can confirm that saving a crw file with DPP will make it unreadable to DxO.

Yes, I\'m experiencing this exact problem as well. CRW files saved with DPP no longer work in DxO. Fortunately files in Canon\'s newer raw format, CR2, DO work after being saved in DPP. But I\'d still like to be able to work with my older images in both DPP and DxO.

photography
photography