Author Topic: "cannot be processed because image has no recognized color data" !?  (Read 2460 times)

Tord

Hi,

Have been using DXO Optics Pro 6 for 1/2 year to develop RAW files taken with Olympus bodies and lenses.

Today I wanted to process RAW files shot with Olympus E600 and DXO displays this message: "cannot be processed because image has no recognized color data"

Files cannot be processed in DXO. They are disaplayed as thumbnails, though, and file properties shows the correct information e.g. body and lens used and picture data.

Since the E600 is essentially the same camera as the E620, the only difference is some scene modes have been removed from the E620, I get really puzzled.

There is nothing wrong with the RAW files, they can be developed in Olympus SW.

Any clues?

Regards
Tord

LaurentP

"cannot be processed because image has no recognized color data" !?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 06:35:54 pm »
Well, it looks like the E-600 is not officially supported. At least, it\'s not in the list of officially supported cameras, and it obivously has a different RAW format since it cannot be read...

Tord

"cannot be processed because image has no recognized color data" !?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 12:28:16 pm »
Hi Laurent,

Yes I found out that (to my surprise) E-600 is not supported.

Since the E-600 and E-620 are in essence almost same camera, with same sensor and same ISP, I did some research and I found out that by changing one single character from \'0\' to \'2\' in the ORF file has makes manifest itself as being created by E-620, and then it is accepted by DXO and can be processed.

/Tord

photography