Author Topic: Invisible Photo in DxO Optics  (Read 2614 times)

MikeA01730

Invisible Photo in DxO Optics
« on: October 17, 2011, 12:21:26 am »
Hi,

It appears that I have a photo that\'s in a project, just as it should be, but has become invisible.  I need help to make it visible again so I can work on it.  

I imported all (i.e. 55) the .cr2 files in a folder, customized all of them, processed them, and then looked at them (outside DxO) to see if additional work was needed.  I found a photo that needed a change, switched to DxO, and couldn\'t find the photo in the project.  I went to the Windows file manager and noted that all 3 files (cr2, jpg, & dxo) for the photo were there.  I went back to Dxo & tried to add the cr2 file to the project, but couldn\'t because DxO said it was already there.  I counted the thumbnails shown in DxO and in the file manager, and noted that one less (54) showed in DxO than the 55 shown in the Windows file manager.  I looked at the bar between the two panes in the Select tab and it said "Selection: 1/54[55]", which I guess is saying what\'s true: 1 file is selected, and 54 of 55 are visible.  I clicked on the filter button and all choices were selected, and clicked on Reset to no avail.  I searched in help for visible and invisible, and found nothing pertinent.  

It looks like something has happened to make DxO hide the photo, but I have no idea what.  Can anyone help me make this photo visible again?  

Thanks,
Mike
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 12:23:42 am by MikeA01730 »

LaurentP

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 03:13:19 pm »
It looks like a filter is enabled and prevents you from seeing your picture, and it\'s very strange that resetting the sorting does not allow you to see your picture.

If you really can\'t disable the filter, what if you create a new project and add your picture inside it?

MikeA01730

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 09:01:17 pm »
LaurentP,

I tried something a little different that seemed to work.  I made a new  project, and imported all the cr2 files in the folder.  When I checked,  all the photos were there, all my previous changes were there (I assume  from the *.dxo files), and I could work on all the photos.  The only  downside was I had to recreate every jpg file.  I deleted the original  project, renamed the second project name to the original project name,  and all was well.  

Thanks,
Mike

Ollievision

• http://www.Ollievision.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 05:53:11 pm »
I have seen photos become invisible.  If that happens it usually becomes visible again by closing DxO and re-opening.  Press the save button first!
Paula - Ollievision Photography

www.Ollievision.co.uk
www.Facebook.com/Ollievision

Priscilla Turner

Re: Invisible Photo in DxO Optics
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 08:44:20 am »
This is a very old thread, but I found it when looking for solutions to the recent vanishing of raws by the score. These were .pefs that I had processed long ago with 8 and wanted to re-process with 11, but they would not show up in DxO unless I copied them to a new place, and, when copied back after processing, behold they had vanished again.

The solution was simple even if finding it was not, so I wanted to share it. Rename your directory, and all will be well.

WHY this works I have no idea.

photography